Home

Open for buisness!

60 comments

Avatar
Condor Andy [734 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

Still a few teams to confirm rosters, so expect some updates.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [553 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Thought I was doing all right in Stage 1 until I went to look for the start time of Langveld. indecision

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

You did well.

I feel like i’m making a lot of bad decisions lately but then I take note that i’ve gone back up from 5th OR to 2nd OR. ..showing that everybody else is making equally “bad decisions”....I think cycling must be going through a less predictable phase maybe. On the plus side...my brother has finally beaten me in a standard game after 18 months of trying (Dauphine)...i’m pleased he’s in the game now instead of trying to pick Tony Rominger...

Avatar
Gecko-cyclist [52 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I feel like i’m making a lot of bad decisions lately but then I take note that i’ve gone back up from 5th OR to 2nd OR. ..showing that everybody else is making equally “bad decisions”....I think cycling must be going through a less predictable phase maybe. On the plus side...my brother has finally beaten me in a standard game after 18 months of trying (Dauphine)...i’m pleased he’s in the game now instead of trying to pick Tony Rominger...

[/quote]

Maybe the effect of smaller team sizes is filtering through. It feels like teams seem more interested in having quality riders in the break so they don't have to work and Sky, Bora and Quickstep aren't chasing down all the moves anymore and being selective about when to use their firepower.

Similar to you I've been ill and down the league like a brides nightie of late. I'd be interested if more breaks have really stuck, or if course designers have been more successful in keeping all options open or it's just a perception from poor picking of teams recently?

Avatar
Gecko-cyclist [52 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

That's up and down not ill and down. Stupid predictive text!

Avatar
Condor Andy [734 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I forgot that Viviani was in this race when making transfers yesterday....

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Thomas down and looking out. 

Avatar
Sniffer [638 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

I forgot that Viviani was in this race when making transfers yesterday....

I managed to drop him, thinking he wouldn’t get over the last climb. Duh

Avatar
MinardiM189 [553 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
Sniffer wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

I forgot that Viviani was in this race when making transfers yesterday....

I managed to drop him, thinking he wouldn’t get over the last climb. Duh

I thought today was tomorrow and took him out too.

Avatar
Sniffer [638 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

I forgot that Viviani was in this race when making transfers yesterday....

I managed to drop him, thinking he wouldn’t get over the last climb. Duh

I thought today was tomorrow and took him out too.

Brought him back in today. Seemed to be worth it as it was GVA that I dropped.

Avatar
archieboy [87 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Looks like stg 9 route has had to be revised as Sustenpass is not yet open.

So a 105 km alternative route has been set up, but it's still brutal.

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

Looks like stg 9 route has had to be revised as Sustenpass is not yet open.

So a 105 km alternative route has been set up, but it's still brutal.

Aye...maybe more brutal.

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Does anybody know why Kelderman bombed in the opening TT?...141st smells more like mechanical to me or is he on a steady race to just turn his legs over?

Avatar
stevemarks [610 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

The big change day obvious suspects coming in and everyone seems to believe Bernal is a shoein. Is he really that good?

Avatar
Condor Andy [734 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

So not mechanical then. Mmmm....he’s a fairly obvious pick for the next four days if all things were equal...mmm again. Might just arrange the furniture to bring him in later.

Avatar
stevemarks [610 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

So not mechanical then. Mmmm....he’s a fairly obvious pick for the next four days if all things were equal...mmm again. Might just arrange the furniture to bring him in later.

Yes after Bernal and Mas I was struggling Costa Spilak Betancur?

I went with Cathy, Jane and Viv. 

Just realised I left Soler out and maybe shouls swap him in for Fraile, but as its a good breakaway day I sort of prefer not to use the transfer.

Now I've written all that I am probably damned whatever I do. indecision

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

So not mechanical then. Mmmm....he’s a fairly obvious pick for the next four days if all things were equal...mmm again. Might just arrange the furniture to bring him in later.

Yes after Bernal and Mas I was struggling Costa Spilak Betancur?

I went with Cathy, Jane and Viv. 

Just realised I left Soler out and maybe shouls swap him in for Fraile, but as its a good breakaway day I sort of prefer not to use the transfer.

Now I've written all that I am probably damned whatever I do. indecision

Do you think a big break?....

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Just spotted an Omar Fraile “not on the start list” posted....

Avatar
Condor Andy [734 posts] 3 weeks ago
1 like

Fraile crashed yesterday I think. It was definitely an Astana rider.

I haven't brought in Kelderman. I got in Bernal, Mas, Konrad, Spilak, Aru, and Soler, and kept Dennis and Asgreen.

Avatar
stevemarks [610 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

Just spotted an Omar Fraile “not on the start list” posted....

 

Left Fraile in......

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Fraile crashed yesterday I think. It was definitely an Astana rider.

I haven't brought in Kelderman. I got in Bernal, Mas, Konrad, Spilak, Aru, and Soler, and kept Dennis and Asgreen.

Aru seemed equally risky....I was actually surprised he even entered. I went for Carthy instead.

Avatar
Sniffer [638 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Fraile crashed yesterday I think. It was definitely an Astana rider.

I haven't brought in Kelderman. I got in Bernal, Mas, Konrad, Spilak, Aru, and Soler, and kept Dennis and Asgreen.

I am similar, but have Pozzovivo and Carthy though.

Avatar
Dr Winston [751 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

Just spotted an Omar Fraile “not on the start list” posted....

 

Left Fraile in......

So it was true.  Gosh...unlucky Steve.

Avatar
Condor Andy [734 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Ah! Pozzovivo would have been a smart pick. I was looking at Hirt when selecting my last rider and went with Spilak instead. Mas having a really rough day.

Avatar
stevemarks [610 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

 

The quality of the opposition leaves a bit to be desired, but as far as this race is concerned he's obviously a class above.

Avatar
stevemarks [610 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

And no TDF for Tom

Avatar
stevemarks [610 posts] 3 weeks ago
1 like
Sniffer wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

Fraile crashed yesterday I think. It was definitely an Astana rider.

I haven't brought in Kelderman. I got in Bernal, Mas, Konrad, Spilak, Aru, and Soler, and kept Dennis and Asgreen.

I am similar, but have Pozzovivo and Carthy though.

 

Quietly for a first race back Aru is doing alright. One to watch over the next 5/6 weeks.

Avatar
Condor Andy [734 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Has he confirmed it now?

Just seen the story.

Avatar
jollygoodvelo [1827 posts] 3 weeks ago
1 like

Seems Bernal is indeed in shape or getting there.  And my somewhat speculative punt on Tolhoek is looking much wiser than my decision to leave out Viviani yesterday...

Pages