Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Suisse

Open for buisness!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

60 comments

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
1 like

Seems Bernal is indeed in shape or getting there.  And my somewhat speculative punt on Tolhoek is looking much wiser than my decision to leave out Viviani yesterday...

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Has he confirmed it now?

Just seen the story.

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

And no TDF for Tom

0 likes

Ah! Pozzovivo would have been a smart pick. I was looking at Hirt when selecting my last rider and went with Spilak instead. Mas having a really rough day.

1 like

Fraile crashed yesterday I think. It was definitely an Astana rider.

I haven't brought in Kelderman. I got in Bernal, Mas, Konrad, Spilak, Aru, and Soler, and kept Dennis and Asgreen.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I haven't brought in Kelderman. I got in Bernal, Mas, Konrad, Spilak, Aru, and Soler, and kept Dennis and Asgreen.

Aru seemed equally risky....I was actually surprised he even entered. I went for Carthy instead.

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I am similar, but have Pozzovivo and Carthy though.

stevemarks replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
1 like

Sniffer wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

I am similar, but have Pozzovivo and Carthy though.

Quietly for a first race back Aru is doing alright. One to watch over the next 5/6 weeks.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Just spotted an Omar Fraile “not on the start list” posted....

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Left Fraile in......

Dr Winston replied to stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Left Fraile in......

So it was true.  Gosh...unlucky Steve.

0 likes

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

So not mechanical then. Mmmm....he’s a fairly obvious pick for the next four days if all things were equal...mmm again. Might just arrange the furniture to bring him in later.

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

So not mechanical then. Mmmm....he’s a fairly obvious pick for the next four days if all things were equal...mmm again. Might just arrange the furniture to bring him in later.

Yes after Bernal and Mas I was struggling Costa Spilak Betancur?

I went with Cathy, Jane and Viv. 

Just realised I left Soler out and maybe shouls swap him in for Fraile, but as its a good breakaway day I sort of prefer not to use the transfer.

Now I've written all that I am probably damned whatever I do. indecision

Dr Winston replied to stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

Yes after Bernal and Mas I was struggling Costa Spilak Betancur?

I went with Cathy, Jane and Viv. 

Just realised I left Soler out and maybe shouls swap him in for Fraile, but as its a good breakaway day I sort of prefer not to use the transfer.

Now I've written all that I am probably damned whatever I do. indecision

Do you think a big break?....

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

The quality of the opposition leaves a bit to be desired, but as far as this race is concerned he's obviously a class above.

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

The big change day obvious suspects coming in and everyone seems to believe Bernal is a shoein. Is he really that good?

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Does anybody know why Kelderman bombed in the opening TT?...141st smells more like mechanical to me or is he on a steady race to just turn his legs over?

archieboy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Looks like stg 9 route has had to be revised as Sustenpass is not yet open.

So a 105 km alternative route has been set up, but it's still brutal.

Dr Winston replied to archieboy | 4 years ago
0 likes

archieboy wrote:

Looks like stg 9 route has had to be revised as Sustenpass is not yet open.

So a 105 km alternative route has been set up, but it's still brutal.

Aye...maybe more brutal.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thomas down and looking out. 

0 likes

I forgot that Viviani was in this race when making transfers yesterday....

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I managed to drop him, thinking he wouldn’t get over the last climb. Duh

MinardiM189 replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

I thought today was tomorrow and took him out too.

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:

Sniffer wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

I thought today was tomorrow and took him out too.

Brought him back in today. Seemed to be worth it as it was GVA that I dropped.

Gecko-cyclist | 4 years ago
0 likes

That's up and down not ill and down. Stupid predictive text!

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

You did well.

I feel like i’m making a lot of bad decisions lately but then I take note that i’ve gone back up from 5th OR to 2nd OR. ..showing that everybody else is making equally “bad decisions”....I think cycling must be going through a less predictable phase maybe. On the plus side...my brother has finally beaten me in a standard game after 18 months of trying (Dauphine)...i’m pleased he’s in the game now instead of trying to pick Tony Rominger...

Gecko-cyclist replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

I feel like i’m making a lot of bad decisions lately but then I take note that i’ve gone back up from 5th OR to 2nd OR. ..showing that everybody else is making equally “bad decisions”....I think cycling must be going through a less predictable phase maybe. On the plus side...my brother has finally beaten me in a standard game after 18 months of trying (Dauphine)...i’m pleased he’s in the game now instead of trying to pick Tony Rominger...

[/quote]

Maybe the effect of smaller team sizes is filtering through. It feels like teams seem more interested in having quality riders in the break so they don't have to work and Sky, Bora and Quickstep aren't chasing down all the moves anymore and being selective about when to use their firepower.

Similar to you I've been ill and down the league like a brides nightie of late. I'd be interested if more breaks have really stuck, or if course designers have been more successful in keeping all options open or it's just a perception from poor picking of teams recently?

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thought I was doing all right in Stage 1 until I went to look for the start time of Langveld. indecision

1 like

Still a few teams to confirm rosters, so expect some updates.

Pages

Latest Comments