Home

Does anyone use a Carnac Notus evo helmet? What are the sizes and fit like. I measure a 57/58 cm so sit right between the size guide of s/m 54-58,  l/xl 58-61. Mail order so can’t try on. I would rather go for the smaller size but worry it may be too snug a fit. Can any one help?

14 comments

bechdan [232 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Not tried the Notus but I've found the other planetx / carnac road helmets to be on the small side, the on-one one was fine though

joeegg [104 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I take a 58 and bought a Carnac Aura in 54/58. Fit is fine.

Rose on a Rose [40 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I have a Notus Evo in the 58-61 size. My head measures a Shrek-like 61cm and the helmet fits just fine.
I think this particular model is pretty much true to size. It also feels and looks great.
I also have a Carnac Croix in the same size but this feels a little tighter. It seems like sizing/fit varies between different models in the Carnac range.
Top quality, though. Much prefer them to my previous Spesh lids.

Joe Totale [159 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I have both a Notus Race Road and a Notus Evo, both are great helmets which are comfortable. The Notus Evo uses the same shell as the Specialized Evade but is a fraction of the price. 

My head was on the boundary as well so I went larger as I usually wear a cap as well, it fits great. 

Planet X's pricing can be pretty random, I picked up both helmets for £13 each, if the price isn't to your liking just wait a couple of weeks and it'll probbably have changed! 

kil0ran [1510 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I sized up. There's loads of adjustment in the cradle so shouldn't be an issue. Extremely comfortable, space for a cycling cap underneath and all in an awesome helmet for £Free (got it in a Christmas bundle with a bunch of other stuff - wasn't expecting to wear it much as I've got a good lid already, but it's relegated that one to touring bike duties).

The only thing I'm not too keen on is the chinstrap buckle - easily rectified by an elastic band. Mine came loose - there are no teeth on the buckle for the strap to snug up against.

Kieran0885 [12 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Thanks for all replies. I tried a friends l/xl on. It seemed quite loose on my head and needed a lot of adjustment. I have ordered the s/m. Due to be delivered soon. I will update when I have tried it on. 

Jez Ash [250 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Joe Totale wrote:

The Notus Evo uses the same shell as the Specialized Evade but is a fraction of the price. 

I'm not convinced that's true. They look similar, but there are fairly obvious differences.

bechdan [232 posts] 3 weeks ago
2 likes
Jez Ash wrote:
Joe Totale wrote:

The Notus Evo uses the same shell as the Specialized Evade but is a fraction of the price. 

I'm not convinced that's true. They look similar, but there are fairly obvious differences.

yes, £120

Ignoring the slight difference in rotation of the pictures, they look remarkably similar no?

Ive got a Notus Evo and it feels good.

gbzpto [127 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Planet x stuff really shows how much we are being ripped off by the bigger brands. I guess their direct to market model cuts out a couple of the middle men and reduces the cost. I have some of their Carnac helmets great stuff

alansmurphy [2220 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Or they steal the innovation that other brands pay for and copy stuff using cheaper labour working in piss poor conditions...

StoopidUserName [652 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
alansmurphy wrote:

Or they steal the innovation that other brands pay for and copy stuff using cheaper labour working in piss poor conditions...

this.

add zero hours contracts in a sports direct model from what I understand...

Kieran0885 [12 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

well my helmet came today. And.... it’s too small. Fits great at the sides avoiding that mushroom look. But didn’t fit at the back. I must have an oval head shape. Does anyone know how much postage will be to send it back? 

Drinfinity [223 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Google collect+ and enter the weight and dimensions. Instant quote and drop it off down the newsagents.

Planetxdave [1 post] 3 weeks ago
1 like

You are welcome to pop into our warehouse and meet our staff , we dont have any zero hours contract working "in a sports direct model " .  I think staff morale is pretty good , but I would invite you to come see yourself not guess things that float round the internet . 

We might occasionally utilise an agency for periods when operationally we are extremely busy , and many of these actually  become full time employees if they like it .    

Remember , customers expect quick delivery , if we have a large upsurge in orders it requires some flexibility in able to increase capacity , but generally  our regular team manage and are all gainfully fully employed in deepest Rotherham . 

dave

this.

add zero hours contracts in a sports direct model from what I understand...

[/quote]