Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Le Tour

When can we join Le Tour de France?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

190 comments

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

96 points scored by todays winner. Did anyone get him it?

Not me, didn't even consider him yestyerday. Happy I've kept Alaphilippe though He's expensive but I tend to find keeping the expensive guys in rewards you.

archieboy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Pat Bevin : DNS Stg 6

Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

How many transfers for a single summit finish?

Key question for tomorrow.

My race is going OK, except got the TTT which didn't go well. Doubled down on MIS which turned out to be a mistake.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

How many transfers for a single summit finish? Key question for tomorrow. My race is going OK, except got the TTT which didn't go well. Doubled down on MIS which turned out to be a mistake.

Tomorrow may not be straight forward. A lot of very good riders throwing time away already may prove to be a problem for us with a decent sized, and talented, breakaway.  Our worst nightmare is to throw transfers at it only to watch a 20 man break ride up the road with the points. Alaphillipe complicates matters as well...

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Sniffer wrote:

How many transfers for a single summit finish? Key question for tomorrow. My race is going OK, except got the TTT which didn't go well. Doubled down on MIS which turned out to be a mistake.

Tomorrow may not be straight forward. A lot of very good riders throwing time away already may prove to be a problem for us with a decent sized, and talented, breakaway.  Our worst nightmare is to throw transfers at it only to watch a 20 man break ride up the road with the points. Alaphillipe complicates matters as well...

Agreed, anything can happen on this stage.

Not worth risking transfers with a sprint stage tomorrow.

archieboy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Looking forward to the "pretty ladies" finish, 1km longer than usual with gravel and a 24% section. No flating on the gravel section please.

chrisdstripes | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for sorting the tables!

Yeah today was as good as I could've hoped for really, would've had van Aert and Trentin if it was unlimited transfers but didn't want to risk it. Enjoying paying more attention tho, I've hardly watched a race all year!

0 likes

Not expecting much today, will be a bonus if Wellens gets in the break but mainly preserving transfers. Anyone know if the tables are likely to be updated anytime soon?

Condor Andy replied to chrisdstripes | 4 years ago
0 likes

chrisdstripes wrote:

Not expecting much today, will be a bonus if Wellens gets in the break but mainly preserving transfers. Anyone know if the tables are likely to be updated anytime soon?

I was having a hell of a time with it last night. Dave's going to try and sort it today and Hitman was able to get the update through this morning.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

I’m in the not brave enough club as well as a few others tonight. Hopefully that extra transfer will pay me back later...gonna have to win the stage to do it though....mmmm...

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Typical Trentin, I dropped him for today because he didn't go for intermediate sprints yesterday. I now expect him to win tomorrow's stage.

Trentin, Alaphilippe, Teunissen, Bettiol out.

Viviani, Groenewegen, Ewan, Meurisse in.

stevemarks replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Typical Trentin, I dropped him for today because he didn't go for intermediate sprints yesterday. I now expect him to win tomorrow's stage.

Only bought Ewan and Groenwagen in. couln't bring myself to replace Alaphilippe with Viviani. kicking myself now.

MinardiM189 replied to stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Only bought Ewan and Groenwagen in. couln't bring myself to replace Alaphilippe with Viviani. kicking myself now.

Yesterday evening I had only brought in Viviani & Ewan for Alaphilippe & Bettiol.

I wish I hadn't tinkered this morning, 14 points lost by swapping out Teunissen & Trentin.

Not sure what we are going to get tomorrow.

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

stevemarks wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Yesterday evening I had only brought in Viviani & Ewan for Alaphilippe & Bettiol.

I wish I hadn't tinkered this morning, 14 points lost by swapping out Teunissen & Trentin.

Not sure what we are going to get tomorrow.

Me either, but it's about time Sagan won one, but I'm afraid that last climb will be too much only 20k after to the line. I suppose it depends how hard they ride it, but I should think they'll be no sprinters involved at the end.

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

He didn't only came 3rd but it was still bad mistake taking him out. Saved a transfer in the long run but costing me 34 points so far.no

Brought in Alaphilippe & Wellens for today, good result for me but could have been so much better.

Condor Andy replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

He didn't only came 3rd but it was still bad mistake taking him out. Saved a transfer in the long run but costing me 34 points so far.no

Brought in Alaphilippe & Wellens for today, good result for me but could have been so much better.

I too brought in Alaphilippe and Wellens. I was tempted with Trentin and Van Aert too, but thought about saving the transfers. Van Aert just a shade too expensive for me to justify it.

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

I too brought in Alaphilippe and Wellens. I was tempted with Trentin and Van Aert too, but thought about saving the transfers. Van Aert just a shade too expensive for me to justify it.

I bought in WVA and Wellens (left Alaphilippe in Yesterday instead of Viviani). Big changes tonight but how to play it?????? and get sprinters back for Friday.

1 like

I've come 34th, 848th and 16th in the three stages so far! It's like the Giro all over again...

TERatcliffe26 | 4 years ago
0 likes

My purist team seems rather different to everyone elses!!

Alaphilippe
Sagan
Bernal
Yates
Pinot
Kreuziger
Van Melsen
Goncalves

Getting through alot of transfers already in standard. Took out GVA and WVA for Viv and Gro for tomrrow

Dr Winston replied to TERatcliffe26 | 4 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

My purist team seems rather different to everyone elses!! Alaphilippe Sagan Bernal Yates Pinot Kreuziger Van Melsen Goncalves Getting through alot of transfers already in standard. Took out GVA and WVA for Viv and Gro for tomrrow

Mines a disaster. Arrived on holiday without internet connection apart from one that won’t allow me to do transfers on this site or look at bookies odds...blah, blah, blah...I had no idea who I was starting with in any of the races tbh....Sorted out a connection now.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Are we getting an update tonight?

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Been crashing since 5pm, went through the 3rd time of asking.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Been crashing since 5pm, went through the 3rd time of asking.

Thanks Andy...

0 likes

I didn't see that one coming. Fantastic finish from Alaphilippe & Teunissen struggled as soon as they hit the hills.

Who to bring back in for tomorrow's sprint?

Will Groenewegen make it over the last hill & who will stay with him to help him back on?

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

Its expensive putting alaphilippe in so Viviani and Groenwagen replaced, WVA bought in too.

Sagan

Mathews

Wurtz Smith

Bol

Bettiol

Teunissen

WVA

Alaphilppe.

0 likes

Find that start a bit strange.

JumboVisma wouldn't allow De Gendt, who is 3mins down, to get away but have allowed Wellens, who is 59s down in the break.

0 likes

Alaphilippe & Colbrelli in for Groenewegen & Moscon. I should probaby have left Moscon in as today is probably too difficult for Colbrelli, although he could pick up points in the intermediate sprint.

SAGAN
TEUNISSEN
COLBRELLI
ALAPHILIPPE
MATTHEWS
TRENTIN
BETTIOL
WURTZ SCHMIDT

triccky100 | 4 years ago
0 likes

despite not rating Mitchelton I still wasted a change by putting in Juls Jensen last minute surprise

0 likes

3 changes for today, would have preferred Bernal to Moscon but preferred keeping Sagan in other Ewan

SAGAN
TEUNISSEN
GROENEWEGEN
MOSCON
MATTHEWS
TRENTIN
BETTIOL
WURTZ SCHMIDT

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

3 changes for today, would have preferred Bernal to Moscon but preferred keeping Sagan in other Ewan

SAGAN
TEUNISSEN
GROENEWEGEN
MOSCON
MATTHEWS
TRENTIN
BETTIOL
WURTZ SCHMIDT

Just one change for me.

Ewan out Teunissen in. figured I'm going to need a lot of transfers in this competition.

Pages

Latest Comments