Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Chain service

Reading a thread I can't find now saved me from pulling a bottom bracket apart.. Lots of noise yet wear not from where sounds appear.

Racing cars are beautiful yet my little automobile, although capable of redline isn't driven as such and enjoying a basically maintenance less serviceable long life.
30 years ago my mate 'The Flying Flea, ' mentioned that when riding a racer shift the rear cog to match the chainwheel. Ie. On my double chain ring 9 speed. Big wheel matches 5-6 smallest rear cogs, small wheel matches biggest 5-6 rear cogs. That reduces maintenance a lot.
I love my hub gear, fixie and bmx because the only issue besides tyres and brake pads has been a smashed rear axle bearing in the bmx. Alignment spins easily without the chain aggressively working at the cogs teeth.
Anyway. You beauty.. I'd lend my bike to my brother again, any day, although I noticed it kept getting hung with big cog front, big cog rear and isn't a big issue but neither is red line.

I'm on a budget.. I bought a handful of bargain bin win Tiagra close ratio 9 speeds at 10 quid per grab and like to think that'll do me next 10 years. Low maintenance rocks.
Thanks again.. You beauty.. No pulling apart a BB. Yeha

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments