Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Happy Thanksgiving

Just a cold cyclist.. Yet summer will be again..
Yay.
Rang about a bike yesterday, if not sold prior to weekend I'll finish filling my stable with that.
A suicide shift alloy 14 speed that fits my size. Just pick a cog and push the wind, or climb that hill. I like them..
Brake lever click clicks are nice too, both systems have pros/cons. Found some Dura-ace 9speed suicide shifters that'd make my summers smile.
So happy Thanksgiving, a flying turkey  1  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Boatsie | 4 years ago
1 like

Missed the last bike. Measured centre-centre headstem-seat post, 58cm.. Same as Little black Ninja Shogun..
Figured, you beauty..
Will ride what I have and wear them out..
Argue kindly with friendly remarks such as, " why do you need so many bikes? "
Usual reply with, " because not driving paid for them and weather and road conditions do change. They're nice. "
Then save up while not spending as much on petrol, etc..
It'll be another argument, yet who cares.. I'll probably save towards a titanium gravel bike set up with road ratios and wide road tyres and smile although bike should be a fraction of few years petrol, servicing costs, etc..
"Why do you need such an expensive bike? "
" because opposites attract, sames repel, my face having had bone structure reinforced with titanium armour should repel the bike, ie better traction and an extra force keeping me upright.. Safe as, I should be able to go faster love. "
Lol.

Bicycle SA has a pretty decent website.. They're pretty spot on.. Way cheaper than driving, petrol, servicing, parking and usually quicker during peak traffic..
The old suicide shift racer was approximately the same travel time per 40km one way compared to public transport.

Happy Thanksgiving harragan..

Happy Thanksgiving guys/girls..

I've driven last 4 days, I feel sore.. Yet.. Cycling days continue to increase.

HarryTrauts | 4 years ago
1 like

Classic Boatsie!

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

' Showing off is the fool's idea of glory ,'
Bruce Lee is gifted with this saying or similar.
'It is not brag, how will they know if they are not told' is another saying or similar..

Hence.. A stort long story to show my thanks.
Not long ago I asked questions upon this site regarding drop bars and v-brakes.. Many more questions. What I found is I enjoy night cycling.
As well as in a short time Im guessing about 1/3 of fuel cost savings has been spent on bicycles and equipment and now it feels well spent.
Started 9 months past Bruce Lee passing, Tiger Qin tomb was opened, I was born bright yellow with appearance and.... Hoping you're laughing too.
Had ultrasound on a football knee injury.. Didn't understand why the nurse gelled my non swollen leg.. Ultrasound. Told me my ligaments were all swollen then realized my swollen leg was the other one. Basically said, " Holy shit, you have big quad ligaments ."
Note I ain't a bulging muscle type.
Both eyes have vertical astigmatism and night rides are easier during summer.
Note note.. I think our southern clock rotates at nearly 1 rev per 24 hours.

So, since here and including a bike I don't own nor care too much if someone else sees such a magnificent suicide shift machine as a suitable; mine.. Lol. I'll include this paragraph regardless if incorrect.

Since here I've accumulated 3 60 cm road bikes.. Heavy weather flatbar, normal looking wide tyre and an ultra light best weather.
A 58 cm black suicide shift Ninja and a 62 cm down tube shift (if still there) .
Here's a loop map of a commute route.. 1 of many.. Note. Work is 7 km flat (last bit) but when time permits 35 km routes like this smooth road I like. 28km to work, 7 home. Or reverse.
Another is about 50km 0-3% gradients.
I don't ride as much as many of you.
I don't ride hard now.
I used to hate coming over the top on drop tube shifters but I love their ease to do as told.
I dislike using internet due to open ness but at the end of my me.. Who cares.. Individuals save what we need; earth. I still drive plenty.. Etc. Etc. Wide tyres suit fatties.. I'd still rather walk yet cycling way cheaper than driving and faster than walking.
Happy Thanksgiving.. Thank you.. I'm sorted..
Clipons take 2 minutes (if that) and posture the little black Ninja Shogun as a nice night ride..
Thanks much to many. I used your support to build stable mentioned above.. Besides 62 (long distance ride). It'll be that or something similar, click clicks or drop shifts.. Either suits well.

Latest Comments