Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tarmac Sizing/Geometry question

I have an opportunity to get a good deal on an "as new" Specialized Tarmac Disc SL6 frameset, but I am unsure about sizing.   The size available is 61cm.  As it's a frameset only I can't try it for size.  

Geometrygeeks.bike (which is great btw) has the Tarmac with reach at 408 and stack at 612, and effective TT at 595.  This compares to my current bike (KTM Revelator 59cm) having reach of 394, stack of 601, and effective TT of 590, which fits me well.

On my current bike I use a 130mm stem with a few spacers, and I believe the stock stem length on the Tarmac 61cm is 110mm.   I am quite leggy and have a lot of seat post sticking out, but I am not massively flexible.  

The numbers suggest that the difference in stack/reach (+14mm/+11mm) will be balanced by using a 110mm stem and removing a few spacers.  But I am only just a smidge over 6'1" and the Tarmac "seems" massive.  

Am I missing something?  Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

VeloUSA | 4 years ago
0 likes

You need also to take into consideration seat tube and head tube angles between old and SL6 73/74 degrees.

Latest Comments