Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Converting Formula RX-512 hubs from thru axle to quick release

I'm switching the front wheel that came on my caadx to my other bike. The caadx wheel is a thru axle, Formula RX-512 12x100. Anyone got any knowledge of whether a conversion to quick release is possible? Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Zermattjohn | 4 years ago
0 likes

Ace, thanks. Seems a fair bit of cash for what is basically a plastic collar..! I'm doing this because the stock wheels on the CAADX are heavy, clunky trash and I'm pretty sure my tubeless-setup Hunt gravel wheels  will improve the situ significantly..

lawrencesly replied to Zermattjohn | 4 years ago
0 likes

Zermattjohn wrote:

Ace, thanks. Seems a fair bit of cash for what is basically a plastic collar..! I'm doing this because the stock wheels on the CAADX are heavy, clunky trash and I'm pretty sure my tubeless-setup Hunt gravel wheels  will improve the situ significantly..

Hi Zermattjohn, 

Did this solution work for you? I am in the same position so wondering what to do as I'm not sure how to find the correct replacement end caps.

Thanks

Lawrence

Drinfinity | 4 years ago
1 like

What you would like to get are replacement end caps, although I don’t know exactly what would fit there - notoriously difficult to get spares for apparently. Maybe some generic ones would fit?

If you can’t find the end caps, you can just put in an adapter axle. 

https://www.halowheels.com/shop/spares/hub-spares/12mm-to-qr-thru-axle-adaptor/

Cheaper ones can be found on your favourite interweb sites

Latest Comments