Home

I'm on the hunt for a new frame as I've cracked my Hi-mod Evo  2 a could repair but by the time I've repaired and repainted I will be into £400 on something I won't 100% trust.

So as I'm not as flush as I once was I have a reasonable budget of up to £1k for a frame ( I understand that's a lot for many). Has to be carbon and 'race' geometry. Rim preferable as I have all the bits but potentially disc as I have an Ultegra disc bike I could downgrade to 105 with a bit of man math.

I've done a lot of looking but nothing grabs me! My other option is to wait it out and see how low the 2018-19 Evo frames go as the new bikes are out.

Anyone seen any bargins?

6 comments

srchar [1584 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

No new frame bargains to report (sorry), but you may be better off getting a deal on a bike and selling the wheels, groupset and finishing kit as-new on eBay.  I recently paid a couple of grand for a Cervelo S3 and by the time I'd offloaded all the bits I didn't need (including my old Cervelo R5 frame), it ended up costing just over £500.  Obviously, your cracked 'dale won't be worth as much as my not-cracked (but still pretty biffed-up) frame, but it will be worth something... if you can be arsed with both the disassembly and the selling.

BehindTheBikesheds [3322 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Jimnm [325 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
matthewn5 [1416 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
pablo [217 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
matthewn5 wrote:

Oh yes, this is a bargain:

https://www.merlincycles.com/bianchi-infinito-cv-disc-carbon-frameset-13...

Oh my! don't know much about Bianchi range other than the history. Looks like I might need to do some research I work with a guy who's a fanatic and has about 10 of them. Nice find.

MrB123 [106 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes