Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What upgrade

Hi there!

newbie here, I have had a contend 2 for a couple of years and am now going to upgrade( probably keep the contend for winter commuting)

i was set to get the Giant advance 1 but I see Ribble are doing the R872 disc for the same price £1500!

any advice welcome!!!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Fatcontro11er | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Griff500

I have a cycle to work scheme that i have used before and will be using to fund the biggest portion of the cost this might limit me in my options a little?

Griff500 replied to Fatcontro11er | 4 years ago
0 likes
Fatcontro11er wrote:

Thanks Griff500

I have a cycle to work scheme that i have used before and will be using to fund the biggest portion of the cost this might limit me in my options a little?

Not really, unless your employer applies some restriction. Most bike shops support cycle to work, and it makes no difference if it is last years model or next, as long as it is a new bike.

Griff500 | 4 years ago
1 like

August starts next week, and we are into the silly season. 2019 facelifts are being announced, and dealers will start offloading "old" stock. Its a buyers market. By September you should expect discounts of up to 30% if you're happy to accept a 2019 colour scheme instead of 2020. Shop around, have fun, bargain hard.

Latest Comments