Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Poland

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

34 comments

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

3rd! I would have won too if I hadn't transfered Mohoric out noindecision

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

3rd! I would have won too if I hadn't transfered Mohoric out noindecision

I'd have won it if I didn't transfer Mohoric out.

I was watching the coverage without sound so I lost track of what was going on. Didn't realise Vingegaard got dropped. Surprising considering how strong he looked yesterday.

0 likes

It's not Majka, it's Poljanski.

Great ride by Mohoric!

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

It's not Majka, it's Poljanski.

That explains things.

0 likes

Geschke needs to score on the final climb, not sure how many points he needs, I haven't done the maths. Mohoric with a solo lead but a long way to go. Vingegaard not doing well.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Geschke needs to score on the final climb, not sure how many points he needs, I haven't done the maths. Mohoric with a solo lead but a long way to go. Vingegaard not doing well.

Geshke is now leading the KoM.

Looks like Mohoric has got this now.

Not sure why Powless is helping Majka.

Amazed Majka was allowed to get away like that.

0 likes

Mohoric wants sprint points it seems.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Mohoric wants sprint points it seems.

He must still think he can win GC.

I don't think he can beat Planet in the most active rider competition.

0 likes

I want that top 20 finish, I've gone for Geschke and Marczynski for KOM points. No Vingegaard for me, I have:

ULISSI
SIVAKOV
GESCHKE
MARCZYNSKI
HIGUITA
MAJKA
FORMOLO
LATOUR

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I want that top 20 finish, I've gone for Geschke and Marczynski for KOM points. No Vingegaard for me, I have:

ULISSI
SIVAKOV
GESCHKE
MARCZYNSKI
HIGUITA
MAJKA
FORMOLO
LATOUR

Looking like a good tactic so far

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Should be a good race today, hopefully lots of attacking from early on.

My team for today -

IZAGUIRRE I.
HIGUITA
ULISSI
MAJKA
SIVAKOV
FORMOLO
VINGEGAARD
LATOUR

Decided not to go for the sensible pick - Lindley and go with Formolo who is very capable of attacking long.

After taking out Mohoric he will probably win from the break.

Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

TGH and Formolo were not bad picks. MAL less so.

Two transfers for tomorrow.

MinardiM189 replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

TGH and Formolo were not bad picks. MAL less so. Two transfers for tomorrow.

Better than my picks.

The younsters are taking over.

Historically there have only been small differences on tomorrow's stage and it looks like Jumbo have a reasonably strong team.

Interesting to see what happens tomorrow, both Bora and Ineos have 2 riders in contention but will need to attack quite a distance from the finish if they want to make a big enough difference. Sunweb have 2 riders top ten too but I don't expect them to attack.

0 likes

Gone for safe picks for today.

Not sure Swift will be there at the finish but have read that he will be going for it. I'm hoping that Prades is now Movistar leader, he should be able to produce a good result in a race like this.

IZAGUIRRE I.
HIGUITA
ULISSI
MAJKA
PRADES
SWIFT
MOHORIC
LATOUR

Points jersey is now up for grabs as Ackermann has pulled out, is he planning to do BinckBank ?

Bora have announced Ackermann has dropped out to allow him to do the European Championships Road Race.

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Gone for safe picks for today.

Not sure Swift will be there at the finish but have read that he will be going for it. I'm hoping that Prades is now Movistar leader, he should be able to produce a good result in a race like this.

IZAGUIRRE I.
HIGUITA
ULISSI
MAJKA
PRADES
SWIFT
MOHORIC
LATOUR

Points jersey is now up for grabs as Ackermann has pulled out, is he planning to do BinckBank ?

Bora have announced Ackermann has dropped out to allow him to do the European Championships Road Race.

I have 5 of your eight

No Izaguirre, Prades and Mohoric.  I have Formolo, TGH and Miguel Angel Lopez instead.

Identifying the leader for a couple of teams is not easy.

MinardiM189 replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

I have 5 of your eight

No Izaguirre, Prades and Mohoric.  I have Formolo, TGH and Miguel Angel Lopez instead.

Identifying the leader for a couple of teams is not easy.

I was going to pick Formolo but he was working to chase people down yesterday, so I assumed he would be working for Majka today.

I think the route suits Izagirre better than Lopez, and Izagirre has done well in Poland before.

Given what Swift said yesterday I assumed Ineos would be supporting him today.

3 transfers left for tomorrow but I guess most people will have transfers over.

1 like

I made all my subs two days ago for puncheurs and climbers, so I'm hoping all the sprinters get dropped  1

0 likes

Pretty unsure about who to pick today.

Left some sprinters in and brought some punchier riders in.

Not sure leaving Gaviria in was a good idea, he could be working for Ulissi or even Consonni today. Possibly would have been better leaving Van Poppel in.

ACKERMANN
HIGUITA
ULISSI
GAVIRIA
VENTURINI
BATTAGLIN
MOHORIC
MEZGEC

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Not sure leaving Gaviria in was a good idea, he could be working for Ulissi or even Consonni today. Possibly would have been better leaving Van Poppel in.

ACKERMANN
HIGUITA
ULISSI
GAVIRIA
VENTURINI
BATTAGLIN
MOHORIC
MEZGEC

I have the first six the same.  Swift and Van Poppel for your Mohoric and Mezgec.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

ACKERMANN
HIGUITA
ULISSI
GAVIRIA
VENTURINI
BATTAGLIN
MOHORIC
MEZGEC

Always a lottery with roller stages. Gaviria has been climbing quite well of late so you may be fine with him as a pick in his own right.

1 like

If the stage is totally neutralised as planned, then no. The situation changed on stage 19 TdF as there was racing. Today, nothing should change. The situation will be as we were at the end of yesterday.

Sniffer | 4 years ago
2 likes

I would feel more comfortable if we didn't score stage 4 at all and it is a pause for us all. Our game feels very unimportant today.

On the technical side, there was racing in stage 19 of the TdF. GC changed for example. Today feels different.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
2 likes

Sniffer wrote:

I would feel more comfortable if we didn't score stage 4 at all and it is a pause for us all. Our game feels very unimportant today. On the technical side, there was racing in stage 19 of the TdF. GC changed for example. Today feels different.

Very well said, I couldn’t agree more.

tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

Andy,

Even though stage 4 is neutralized, do you intend to score GC, points, sprints & KOM classifications as per TdF stg 19?

Gkam84 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I don't think anyone will put out of the race unless they are injured, the Lotto team will ride in honour of Bjorg. Same as Trek did with Wouter Weylandt at the Giro in 2011, neutral stage and then withdraw after that.

0 likes

I've just seen the announcement, still taking in the news tbh, so that's correct. No racing means no scoring, save your transfers for Wednesday.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I've just seen the announcement, still taking in the news tbh, so that's correct. No racing means no scoring, save your transfers for Wednesday.

I have no idea how they can even carry on...other than being made of tough stuff. Maybe quite a few will only be going through the motions, or, some may even pull out....it seems like he was a very popular figure in the peleton.

0 likes

Head of CPA has announced -

Tour de Pologne Stage 4 neutralized. Riders go from start to the finish and there will do only one lap. No racing. If Lotto - Soudal start tomorrow they will pass the finish line in front of the peleton.

Gkam84 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Following the tragic death of Bjorg Lambrecht after his fall on stage 3, the 4th stage of the Tour de Pologne will be neutralized, organizers said. The riders will start as planned from Jaworzno, but they will only cross the final circuit once. If the Lotto Soudal team decides to stay in the race, its remaining six riders will cut the line first.

Gkam84 | 4 years ago
0 likes

If as rumour has it, Stage 4 will be neutralised, that means the game will be aswell, correct?

I just wanted to check before making my changes for tomorrow.

Pages

Latest Comments