Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Autumn Classics

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

28 comments

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Latour has done nothing until the Vuelta this season and the values for this were done before that. Lucky 3 pointer if you found him....I did not.

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Latour has done nothing until the Vuelta this season and the values for this were done before that. Lucky 3 pointer if you found him....I did not.

Obviously not paying enough attention. End of season lethargy probably, Thanks for the prompt reply though.

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

How is P Latour rated at 3.0. I went through the 3.0's and I didn't see him there?

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Went for Yates & Fuglsang rather than Bernal & Haig. indecision

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Went for Yates & Fuglsang rather than Bernal & Haig. indecision

My dither was Yates out for Gaudu, Mollema or Nibali.

I thought i’d go for the one with no form who’s been a bit rubbish for a few months in the end. Sheesh.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Missed all of that Milan race apart from literally the last minute. What happened to Higuita?

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Missed all of that Milan race apart from literally the last minute. What happened to Higuita?

No idea, I had the stream on but forgot about it and had a bath.

I got lucky this morning, I saw that Lopez was a non-starter, and swapped him & Landa out for Woods & Yates but wasted 2 transfers. Hopefully I have enough transfers left for the last few races.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

No idea, I had the stream on but forgot about it and had a bath.

I got lucky this morning, I saw that Lopez was a non-starter, and swapped him & Landa out for Woods & Yates but wasted 2 transfers. Hopefully I have enough transfers left for the last few races.

I fancied Higuita to do well so’kept him.  I was late home today so missed removing Bernal...I didn’t expect him to do as well as he did.

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

There was an autumn classics stage during the Vuelta?

At least I didn't know I'd missed it until now.

heheheheh

1 like

Could have been worse Winston, you could have spent all Friday meticulously updating the start list and then forgot to make any changes at all! Luckily I still had Mollema and Ulissi so it could have been worse I suppose.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Could have been worse Winston, you could have spent all Friday meticulously updating the start list and then forgot to make any changes at all! Luckily I still had Mollema and Ulissi so it could have been worse I suppose.

Oh no....what a nightmare.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Couldn’t decide, and dithered and dithered,  between Teuns and Gaudu for Emilia...Ha...should have saved myself from the thinking time.

Never fancied Roglic after his showing at the worlds...maybe a week is a long time in cycling.

0 likes

Ouch, Giro D'Emilia is included in the Autumn Classics, I was planning for one less race, time to start saving transfers.

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:

Ouch, Giro D'Emilia is included in the Autumn Classics, I was planning for one less race, time to start saving transfers.

I saved transfers by completely forgetting about the Bretagne Classic during the Vuelta.

It wasn't the best strategy, I got 7 points for the race.

I did go for Roglic today though.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
1 like

Sniffer wrote:
MinardiM189 wrote:

I saved transfers by completely forgetting about the Bretagne Classic during the Vuelta. It wasn't the best strategy, I got 7 points for the race.

I did exactly the same. 

tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

Quebec; Naesen is on the startlist, but doesn't appear in bet 365 odds. Any ideas why?

1 like

I'll do an update in a couple of days to set it all up. SEG Racing need adding as well so watch this space.

0 likes

Tim Merlier from Corendon is down to do the Brussels race but isn't on the 'show all riders' list.

0 likes

Probably messed this one up, I didn't realise they had completely changed the course this year.

Looks like a race for puncheurs & most of my team is sprinters.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Quite happy with a poor showing today for this one. Decided this might be one to go easy with the transfers. Dropped from 3rd to 7th...that’ll do.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Quite happy with a poor showing today for this one. Decided this might be one to go easy with the transfers. Dropped from 3rd to 7th...that’ll do.

As usual the people I took out did better than their replacements.

Teunissen >>> Halvorsen

Demare >>> Ackermann

Anselmo Tadeu | 4 years ago
0 likes

Where are Danny Van Poppel, Oliver Naesen in Euroeyes Classic?

MinardiM189 replied to Anselmo Tadeu | 4 years ago
0 likes

Anselmo Tadeu wrote:

Where are Danny Van Poppel, Oliver Naesen in Euroeyes Classic?

A lot of teams only announced who would be riding quite late on, so I guess the race database was only updated quite late.

If you want to pick a rider who is not on the game race list, click the 'show all riders' box in the Rider Options column.

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

I Like the new route, Erliatz, is a hard climb, but it's probably too early in the race. I'll be there wearing a really old HTC shirt, keep an eye out for us.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yeah. The lottery that is the one day classics. Good luck everybody...we’ll be needing it.

So many great riders, so few podiums.

Shid | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hoping for some good showing from the youths such as gaudu !

arsene | 4 years ago
0 likes

I have a question: once you entered a competition, how can you leave it? Or is that not possible?

1 like

Game set up for opening weekend races and should be good for Hamburg and the Canadian classics. There will be some tinkering, stage lengths, profiles, and teams will be added when we know more. Any <PCT level team will be added to the game and all riders probably valued at 3 by default, unless there's a very good reason why they shouldn't be.

Latest Comments