Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Decathlon - cutting back on cycling?

Wonder if this is just my store (Southampton) but there seems to be far less kit and bikes available, has been like it for weeks. Very limited range of jerseys, bibs, etc. Less spares. Empty slots on the shelves, almost no tyres in stock. Anyone else noticed this at their store? There's loads of kit available online, just nothing in store.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

clattering | 4 years ago
0 likes

Ask the staff about it. My store is a small one, Brent Cross, but the staff are pretty well informed and up to date about stock lines and products. Or they'll whip out their handheld terminal and see what's up.

EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
0 likes

My local store seems fine. Might just be them waiting for a restock/new stock as suggested?

dooderooni | 4 years ago
1 like

I think it's the case all over the country. My nearest store is in Newcastle so it's quite a trip out and I'll check the website for availability before I go. Most times the stuff I want isn't in-store.

Hopefully it is just a stock rundown prior to new stuff coming in because Decathlon provide a great value path into cycling and it'd be a shame if them cutting back on cycling affected people being able to join the sport on a budget.

bikercub | 4 years ago
0 likes

They have been re-organising the entire store in Southampton (you can't find anything), so it's possible they'd been running stock down while they did it. Bikes are now at the far end, but all the sunglasses are at the opposite end. Let's see if the stock levels improve over the summer.

Latest Comments