Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

BinckBank Tour

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

I swear to god, the BinckBank Tour is the worst at keeping accurate records. They don't publish their interediate sprint results and then they publish final rankings that include someone who didn't even finish the race. Hodeg was listed in the rankings when I updated, this was after they had published the final standings.

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I swear to god, the BinckBank Tour is the worst at keeping accurate records. They don't publish their interediate sprint results and then they publish final rankings that include someone who didn't even finish the race. Hodeg was listed in the rankings when I updated, this was after they had published the final standings.

I agree the information from BinckBank Tour is awful and regularly wrong.

The web site is abysmal too, the whole race appears to be organised by people who know nothing about cycling.

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Is De Plus minus a point?

5th in points competition ?

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Ditched Van Baarle today..who finally turns up for a stage. Dunno what’s going on with him these days,

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Ditched Van Baarle today..who finally turns up for a stage. Dunno what’s going on with him these days,

I suspect he is tired after doing the TdF.

I thought GVA looked tired the other day too, which is why I didn't pick him for today.

0 likes

Final transfer used, Kung out Garcia Cortina in.

KRAGH ANDERSEN
WELLENS
NAESEN
TEUNISSEN
DE PLUS
SMITH D.
GARCIA CORTINA
HIRSCHI

It was either GVA, Stybar, Valgren or Garcia Cortina.

0 likes

Team for today -

KRAGH ANDERSEN
WELLENS
NAESEN
TEUNISSEN
DE PLUS
SMITH D.
KUNG
HIRSCHI

Not sure why I picked Hirschi, I should have gone with Pedersen.

I fancy Van Emden to win but with De Plus & Teunissen up on GC I couln't fit him in.

0 likes

I'll revisit and update.

1 like

The stage results have now been corrected to remove the splits caused by the crash & GC has slightly changed as a consequence.

0 likes

Hmmm

The provisional results are showing a lot of riders losing time due to splits at the finish.

Didn't the accident cause the split ?

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Hmmm

The provisional results are showing a lot of riders losing time due to splits at the finish.

Didn't the accident cause the split ?

Apparently several teams are appealing the results.

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
1 like

Only put Hodor in at the last minute today.  I've made worse last minute decisions.

Now, what on earth to do tomorrow...

MinardiM189 replied to jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
1 like

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Only put Hodor in at the last minute today.  I've made worse last minute decisions.

Now, what on earth to do tomorrow...

Don't pick Groenewegen he is going on holiday in Spain.

0 likes

That didn't work out too badly.

I just noticed that the results from Stage 4 were changed. In the original results Teunissen was given the same time as Valgren, which was incorrect, this gave him 5th place on GC. Overnight this was corrected and Teunissen dropped to 7th on GC, correspondingly Naesen moved up to 5th and Valgren to 6th.

0 likes

Only one change for today Hodeg in for Van Avermaet, not enough transfers left to bring Groenewegen back in but hoping that Hodeg will get some support in the sprint now that QS leaders have blown their GC chances.

Bad choices for Stage 1 and subsequent transfers taking their toll.

BENNET Sam
WELLENS
NAESEN
PHILIPSEN
THEUNS
SMITH D.
HODEG
PLANCKAERT B.

0 likes

I didn't make any, I wasted 3 yesterday swapping Theuns for Capiot. Figured I'd wait until the TT and the final day.

0 likes

3 changes for today -

BENNET Sam
WELLENS
NAESEN
PHILIPSEN
THEUNS
SMITH D.
Van AVERMAET
PLANCKAERT B.

stage just started, crazy already yes

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

3 changes for today -

BENNET Sam
WELLENS
NAESEN
PHILIPSEN
THEUNS
SMITH D.
Van AVERMAET
PLANCKAERT B.

stage just started, crazy already yes

First changes in the race for me today.  Your three plus Gilbert. 

Still gives me Bennet and Philipson too as well

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Missed the race today..What happened to Halvorsen and Hodeg?...Nowhere near ...

0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Missed the race today..What happened to Halvorsen and Hodeg?...Nowhere near ...

Minor crash in the final corner screwed up a lot of people.

0 likes

Brought Theuns & Plankaert in for today.

Hopefully Trek allow Theuns to sprint again this race rather than act as a lead out for Pedersen.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Hopefully Trek allow Theuns to sprint again this race rather than act as a lead out for Pedersen.

Not to be. Not sure what was going on there. Theuns looked like he was going to go long at one point.

0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Not to be. Not sure what was going on there. Theuns looked like he was going to go long at one point.

They were trying to set it up for Pedersen to go long but he wasn't on Theuns wheel.

0 likes

Looks like you were right about Allegaert and Capiot. I just brought him in for potential break action, and he was cheap. I'll need to watch some highlights to see what happened to Jumbo again. What is their plan here? Can Teunissen go for the overall?

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Looks like you were right about Allegaert and Capiot. I just brought him in for potential break action, and he was cheap. I'll need to watch some highlights to see what happened to Jumbo again. What is their plan here? Can Teunissen go for the overall?

Teunissen can go for overall he was leading out Groenewegen today and the plan was for him not to stop but Groenewegen to come around him. Groenewegen had to stop his sprint because the Trek rider (Mads Pedersen, I think) moved back across the road to block him.

Allegaert won the Primus points competition in 2017 and I thought about him but saw he is now a leadout rider.

0 likes

Kragh Andersen was in my purist but I dropped him after Sunweb said his primary objective in the 'sprint' stages was bonus seconds. That  is why he isn't in my purist, I decided to go with Philipsen who will compete in all the sprints and could surprise in other stages.

I brought him back into my standard team at the last second when I saw the weather at the start, I thought he should do OK if it there are echelons and Modolo wouldn't. Theuns & Plankaert was my other option.

When Smith has the freedom he can do OK in sprints, he also has done OK on tough stages in this race in the past too.

Godon may sprint for AG2R and has reasonable recent form.

Cardis may sprint for DEN and could also go in the breaks.

I looked at Allegaert but he has been working for Capiot as a lead out recently.

0 likes

Interesting you have Kragh Andersen in your standard, but not your purist. What's your reasoning behind Smith, Godon, and Cardis? Here are mine.

Standard:

GROENEWEGEN
BENNETT
PHILIPSEN
ALLEGAERT
HALVORSEN
THEUNS
PLANCKAERT B.
ASSELMAN

Hoping for some breakaway action.

Purist:

HODEG
GROENEWEGEN
PHILIPSEN
HALVORSEN
VALGREN
ALLEGAERT
VAN BAARLE
VAN AVERMAET

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Interesting you have Kragh Andersen in your standard, but not your purist. What's your reasoning behind Smith, Godon, and Cardis? Here are mine.

Standard:

GROENEWEGEN
BENNETT
PHILIPSEN
ALLEGAERT
HALVORSEN
THEUNS
PLANCKAERT B.
ASSELMAN

Hoping for some breakaway action.

Planckaert was a good pick I read an article saying he was tagrting doing something from the break as getting a result in the sprints was impossible.

I had him & Theuns in my team at one stage this morning.

Is Binck Bank is one of the races where it takes ages to get the full results ?

0 likes

Some last minute tinkering with my teams this morning -

Standard - Kragh Andersen out, Theuns in, Theuns out, Modolo in, Modolo out, Kragh Andersen in.

I saw some pictures from the start and it looks very windy, so I went back to Kragh Andersen despite his team saying his target in the first stages is bonus seconds at the intermediate sprints.

I'll probably regret that last second change.

Standard team -

BENNET Sam
GROENEWEGEN
HODEG
PHILIPSEN
KRAGH ANDERSEN
SMITH D.
CARDIS
GODON

Dropped Kragh Andersen & Jungels for Philipsen & Cardis this morning because I don't think Kragh will be sprinting and I think Jungels will be working for Stybar & Gilbert rather than for himslef.

Purist team -

GROENEWEGEN
BENNET Sam
PHILIPSEN
WELLENS
PEDERSEN M.
VAN BAARLE
SMITH D.
CARDIS

0 likes

Okay, reading that now. So the combativity jersey is a sprint jersey, with points only from intermediate sprints (the Primus ones). The red points jersey is those and the finish line points. The golden km is only for bonus seconds.

Pages

Latest Comments