Home

Hi,

I have recently torn the tendon from my pec to my arm.  I had an operation last week to reattach it but it is going to be some time before I will be able to ride a bike again.  Due to this I thought I would get a smart trainer so that I can cycle a bit indoors.  I've been reading a little about them over the last couple of days.  I prefer one that I can simply take the bike on and off, so this rules out the direct drive ones.  Also they are rather more exensive, and I hope it will not get so much use when I can get back out on the roads.  I like the idea of connecting up to Zwift or similar.  But certainly not for any kind of racing, just to make the training a little more interesting.  I basically want to do the equivalent of a leisure ride.

I note that wiggle and others have the Tacx Bushido heavily discounted.  I presume this is because it is discontinued.  But the spec for it looks better that the newer replacements.  Any good reason not to just buy the Bushido?

I have an Elemnt computer which will I assume play nicely with the Kickr Snap but that is quite a lot more expensive and I am reluctant to spend a lot.

So thoughts on a discontinued Bushido, or a newer model of Tacx, or something else.

Thank you.

5 comments

CXR94Di2 [2729 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Read the reviews-its ok, but be aware its very much budget

Tacx Bushido Smart Trainer https://g.co/kgs/LCZDNP

All wheel on turbos require accurate tyre pressure to give repeatable results. It all depends how long you're going to be confined to indoor riding. I really enjoy indoor, probably more than outdoors

DoctorFish [230 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Read the reviews-its ok, but be aware its very much budget Tacx Bushido Smart Trainer https://g.co/kgs/LCZDNP

Thanks, I appreciate it is very much budget, but I'm looking to keep a relative level of fitness going while I recouperate rather than training to be an athlete.  Is there something better for the money?  It is very heavily reduced, is a newer model at a similar price better?

CXR94Di2 [2729 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Bkool pro is slightly more, fair device with automatic variable resistance wheel on turbo

Gizzard [44 posts] 2 weeks ago
1 like

I know I'm a bit late to this but I picked up the Bushido recently as an upgrade for my Tacx Flow Smart. It has its quirks but I'm very pleased with it as something for zwifting on.

DoctorFish [230 posts] 2 weeks ago
0 likes
Gizzard wrote:

I know I'm a bit late to this but I picked up the Bushido recently as an upgrade for my Tacx Flow Smart. It has its quirks but I'm very pleased with it as something for zwifting on.

Thanks Gizzard, I ended up going for a Wahoo Snap in the end, pretty happy with it so far.