Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giant propel top tube cable exit point

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Afternoon all.&nbsp;</p>

<p>I’m the owner of a Giant Propel, something that has been bothering me for a while now is, where the two cables exit the top tube then&nbsp;make their way round the stem and onto the&nbsp;shifters. It just looks wrong that they should exit there.

Has anyone managed the move them or route them differently so as not to cause this crime against top tubes to continue.&nbsp;</p>

I’m fed up with it looking like it does.

I know etap would solve this problem but I don’t really have the budget for that at the mo so let me know your “hacks” as the kids call them these days.

<p>Thanks in advance.&nbsp;</p>

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Mond73 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Like this. 

Mond73 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I’ve bought a crank brothers stem which has plastic inserts around the stem and bars and I’m thinking of drilling holes and feeding the cables through the stem. 

Podc | 4 years ago
0 likes

Mine are quite a bit higher than yours and I just put a couple of cable ties round them. Still looks a mess but a bit less of a mess.

Mond73 | 4 years ago
0 likes

My cables aren't rubbing, I just don’t like how this mess looks. 

StraelGuy | 4 years ago
0 likes

If the cable outers are rubbing the frame, buy some helicopter tape and stick it to the frame where the cables rub.

Latest Comments