Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Taps for Shimno BB

Can anyone help I need a set of taps for a shimno BB  like the link below.

I  am making some new bushes for my frame but need a set of taps to thread the bushes for the BB to fit.

Can anyone lend or hire me a set?

Thanks

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Shimano/105-5800-Ultegra-6800-HollowTech-II-Bottom-Bracket-Cups/2HC5?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&co=GBR&cu=GBP&glCountry=GB&id=115783&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlJfsBRDUARIsAIDHsWpFB9cKJ3sObOHjefvzZ4h9C8ylmAvvUxLoZX2qD0cVK9kfMgZZvSgaAqjkEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

StraelGuy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Extremely well put Xena, I really couldn't agree more!

Xena | 4 years ago
2 likes

BSA , I dunno . Is it me or does it work just fine and is  idiot proof . Bb 1234 or press fit 666  to fit a specially built frame that Will be out of production in a week and spares will be almost extinct .....what the fuck was wrong with keeping BSA . I have a sub 700 gram cervelo frame with BSA ,,,,you can get lightweight titanium shells ,if I was building a new bike that would be a must . Simple ,efficient,easy to service . These designers have all the ideas but no fucking idea . Life could be so so simple . 

StraelGuy | 4 years ago
1 like

You'd be better off asking a frame builder or bike shop. BB taps are extremely expensive bits of kit.

Latest Comments