Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New laptop for Zwift

I need to order a new laptop for work, when I say work I mean Zwift smiley

I thought I understood PC specs but it all seems a bit baffling, I think to get it to run properly I need to get 8GB RAM, my old laptop had 4GB and didnt like Zwift at all, I was using my daughters which does have 8GB and it ran great but she has reclaimed it...
Does anybody have any recommendations? I want to spend as little as possible, ideally as close to £400 as possible.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
1 like

8Gb RAM for definite.  I wouldn't buy a PC for anything with less than that.

Zwift works the graphics harder than the processor, so a relatively standard Core i5 processor will be more than adequate, but to get good performance you need a separate graphics card and not just the 'Intel integrated graphics' that most cheaper laptops will come with.

Plus obviously a decent number of USB ports and bluetooth support.

And if you have space, get a decent sized separate monitor (a really good 22-24" only costs about £100-£130) or connect to a TV via HDMI.  It's not essential, I just used the 15" screen on my laptop for a long time, but the bigger screen makes it even more immersive.

I'd take a look at the Dell outlet website - they've got some Inspiron 15s with a good spec for ~£470 refurbished. 

fenix | 4 years ago
0 likes

They have the specs on their page.

https://zwift.com/hardware

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
0 likes
rjfrussell | 4 years ago
0 likes

is it possible to run zwift on a chromebook?

Latest Comments