Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thule Thruride 565 and carbon road bike?

Hi,

Looking for some advice on a new roof carrier as I've just bought my first carbon road bike (Boardman SLR disc with through axles)..

I don't want to risk my frame clamp carrier due to my ham-fistedness and the bike will take fixed mudguards so I don't want to go for a front wheel clamp either, which leaves a front axle clamp. I'm looking at the Thule Thruride 565 as it appears to do (and include) everything I need but I just wondered if anyone has tried one?

The Thule instructions state that it isn't suitable for a bike with QRs and carbon dropouts but I'm about 99.9% sure that doesn't affect me given the through axles - anything else I need to worry about with a front axle clamp though? Do they damage the axle?

Any help much appreciated!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

FishboyAndy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Hugh, had thought of something like that first but my guess I'd that I'd have to unbolt mudguards to use this type of carrier?
Ta, Andy.

hughw | 4 years ago
0 likes

Just to put in a small curveball (not sure what the price difference is),  but I have a Yakima FrontLoader, that grabs the bike by the front wheel - so no need to remove the wheel at all.

Latest Comments