Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wattbikes for the inflexible

Joined a gym recently to help with my rehab from a suspected herniated disc. I joined for the swimming pool, gym equipment and yoga classes, but noticed they have Wattbikes.

I remember years ago when I was in rehab for another suspected herniated disc, I attended some spin classes and just raised the handlebars to shopper bike height, but not so with the Wattbike, in fact, I can't even raise the handlebars to the same (relative to saddle) height as I have on my normal road bike!

Wattbike website isn't very clear, there's certainly no longer handlebar piece that I can see to make the bars higher, so has anyone else found a solution? It seems a shame to have such a useful resource available but not to be able to use it...

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

IanEdward | 4 years ago
0 likes

Just to answer my own question, someone pointed me in the direction of an article I must not have found (or read properly) previously.

There are extra long stems available if you are over approx 5'10" and want to run handlebar level with or higher than your saddle.

https://wattbike.com/gb/product/extra-long-handlebar-stem

So it was my original google-fu that was weak obviously!

Shame the stem is £70, wonder if I could persuade the gym to pay for it…

Latest Comments