Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gree-Tour of Guangxi

Is this race being included this year ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Aren't Ineos being a bit rotten with Halvorsen.

Taking him to the last race of the season in China & then not letting him sprint because he didn't renew his contract seems a bit OTT.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Aren't Ineos being a bit rotten with Halvorsen.

Taking him to the last race of the season in China & then not letting him sprint because he didn't renew his contract seems a bit OTT.

Is that what happened...I wondered what was going on. Why did he not renew?...was it because they actually don’t seem to want anything to do with sprinting really.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Is that what happened...I wondered what was going on. Why did he not renew?...was it because they actually don’t seem to want anything to do with sprinting really.

I assume he switched to EF becuase he will get more support and get the chance to ride GTs.

Given Sky's history with sprinters I was surprised he signed for them to begin with.

tony kappler | 4 years ago
1 like

OK... Stage 4; cat 1 KOM appears to be 1.4km before finish.

I have scored by working backwards from Points & KOM classifications. No other info I can find.

So have used the following for Int Sp and KOM points

IS 1&2; Wang = 6, Scheurs = 8, Mullen = 10

IS3; Mullen = 6, McLay = 4, Ackerman = 2

KOM 1 cat 3

Mullen 3

Schreurs 2

Wang 1

KOM 2 cat 1 (not at finish) (Guangxi points)

Marcynski 20

Martin 15

Mas 10

Villela 6

De La Cruz 4

I could well be wrong.

MinardiM189 replied to tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

OK... Stage 4; cat 1 KOM appears to be 1.4km before finish.

I have scored by working backwards from Points & KOM classifications. No other info I can find.

So have used the following for Int Sp and KOM points

Unless you watch the replay of the race on Tiz-Cycling I guess that is the best  you can do, I'm away and haven't been following the race so have no idea what happened.

tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

Stage 4, cat 1 KOM finish. PCS KOM standings with G Martin at 21 points has to be wrong. Where is Martinez's KOM points?

0 likes

Looks like this competition is going to be a combination of 3 lotteries -

1. Which riders will sprint for Mitchelton, Trek, Ineos, Quickstep, Sunweb ?

2. Which riders will have the form to compete for GC ?

3. Will Cavagna be able to escape and gain enough bonuse seconds to win GC ?

stevemarks replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
1 like

MinardiM189 wrote:

Looks like this competition is going to be a combination of 3 lotteries -

1. Which riders will sprint for Mitchelton, Trek, Ineos, Quickstep, Sunweb ?

2. Which riders will have the form to compete for GC ?

3. Will Cavagna be able to escape and gain enough bonuse seconds to win GC ?

1. 2 out of 5 ain't bad

2. Calmajean, or Trentin?

3.or can Maxi Schachmann?

markwisdish | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Andy

Yes, Turkey was a bit rubbish and right in the middle of the spring classics. Good work covering all the other WT races, much appreciated.

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
1 like

Yeah we might have a similar number this year since the last stage race was the Vuelta. The start list is pretty decent as well. I've got everything put together, just need to add profiles and find out about all the stage points then we're good to go. Probably open this evening.

Just reading the other points. We missed one WT race this season, that was Turkey, which I think has been downgraded for next year.

teckert | 4 years ago
0 likes

as part of the World Tour IMO it should be included

kmnaegeli | 4 years ago
0 likes

Do what you prefer either way, but I do think it's fun to do the whole World Tour calendar. This was a decent race last year and has a decent start list again this year. Sometimes these random races can be some of the most fun because there are a lot of proverbial diamonds in the rough.

And for whatever it is worth, I'm pretty sure my whole mini-league of 8 entries would all take part in this race.

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

Can't say that I'm bothered, i'l ldo it if it's put on, but won't really miss it if you decide not to.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Likewise. It’d be great for one last stage race.

0 likes

I would appreciate having this one last race this year.

0 likes

6 stages, some interesting ones. Only 3 WT teams missing, 2 PCT teams make up the numbers.

I don't know, I'll put it on if people are interested.

0 likes

Not planning on doing it, but I'll take a look and see if it's worth it. Only thinking we'll get about 150 players for it maybe.

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Not planning on doing it, but I'll take a look and see if it's worth it. Only thinking we'll get about 150 players for it maybe.

I just had a look at my competition archive.

There were 307 peope did the standard competion last year.

Latest Comments