First season on trainer - need advice on rear wheel

First time hopping on trainer soon, having that I live in area with drastic climate changes and me wanting to continue with my cycling/triathlon goals I decided to hop on trainer for the first time.

Question is - for easier and painless change between trainer/outdoor instead of changing the tire i wanna buy a spare cheap 2nd hand wheel on which I can put my trainer tire and keep my original wheel with the original tire on side so I can swap easily.

Question is next:

I ride a Bianchi Aria 105 Disc, 11-speed cassette at back with disk breaks and 28" wide tires, having know that:

Will I be able to fit any kind of rear wheel as long as its thru axle and inserting spacers in the disk breaks so i don't damage the clips ? Also, do I have to use the 105 11-speed cassette on the wheel or I can use any 11 speed cassette on the wheel used for trainer? There is an option to buy the dedicated adapter for tacx thru axle which costs around 30EUR which is the price for old used rear road wheel here..

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments