Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Overshoes revelation

After 4 years of riding with them I've finally worked out you can put them on before you put your shoes on, and then pull them down and over them. So much easier, no snagging on cleats and boas/ratchets.

Have I been doing it wrong all along? Obviously only works with the the open-soled ones secured with velcro across the middle.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

cougie | 4 years ago
0 likes

404 Not Found ?

All of my overshoes have either had zips or velcro up the back of them - I am intrigued by this whole other family of overshoes ! 

peted76 | 4 years ago
1 like

I hear you kil0ran.. that moment you realise you've been doing it wrong for ages...   1  I've brought 'that type' of overshoe ever since I had the same 'awakening'.

@cougie - prepare to have your mind blown... https://youtu.be/aiPbsRKUCn8 

Thinking about getting some spatz this year, I've heard good things.

alansmurphy | 4 years ago
2 likes

My overshoes revelation: I got winter boots too, then put overshoes over them!

pockstone | 4 years ago
0 likes

My overshoes revelation:  I stopped wasting money on them and got some winter boots instead.

kil0ran replied to pockstone | 4 years ago
0 likes

pockstone wrote:

My overshoes revelation:  I stopped wasting money on them and got some winter boots instead.

I tried that but couldn't find any wide enough to take a winter sock. All the usual suspects tried and failed - Shimano MW, Northwave, Lake. I blame my hobbit feet.

cougie | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm with Mike. I've elastic laces on my winter shoes so the overshoes stay on all through winter and i just slide my foot in and fasten the shoe up the back.

I cant see how your method works ? You still have to pull the overshoes over ?

kil0ran replied to cougie | 4 years ago
1 like

cougie wrote:

I'm with Mike. I've elastic laces on my winter shoes so the overshoes stay on all through winter and i just slide my foot in and fasten the shoe up the back.

I cant see how your method works ? You still have to pull the overshoes over ?

Socks on, overshoes on and rolled up my legs, shoes on, pull overshoes down over the shoes, just find it easier because I have chunky ratchets and velcro on my SPD shoes. 

Must admit never thought to just leaving them on my shoes but I might try that now I have shoes with speedlaces too. Won't work on my M088s because of the three velcro straps.

mikemelbrooks | 4 years ago
0 likes

I keep my over shoes on my shoes all winter,  pull them on like wellys reach down to tighten the BOA and zipp them up?  

Latest Comments