Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Android route plotter

Hi. Looking for an android app which I can use to create routes via marking points /dropping pins etc. Website OK too if works well with touchscreen. Not looking for GPS based route generation.
Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

rdmp2 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks all. Osmand does the job perfectly

alexb | 4 years ago
0 likes

For tracking progress, speed and route, Strava is the way to go.

For planning routes, especially for a beginner, I'd use cycle.travel which is optimised to use bike friendly routes.

alan sherman | 4 years ago
0 likes

Tracking has to be strava. For route following OSMand. Both free.

Hirsute | 4 years ago
0 likes

I think my wife had problems with circular runs on that app. Not sure she resolved it other than by getting a Garmin watch

rdmp2 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've tried komoot- great for creating point to point route but unless I'm being incompetent I can't get it to allow me to draw a circular route by eg. dropping a few pins

armb replied to rdmp2 | 4 years ago
0 likes

rdmp2 wrote:

I've tried komoot- great for creating point to point route but unless I'm being incompetent I can't get it to allow me to draw a circular route by eg. dropping a few pins

https://www.komoot.com/plan gives you a choice of "One Way" or "Round Trip". The app spells them "One Way" and "Roundtrip" and you click the current one to expand radio buttons, where the web planner has them as sort of tabs.

Then if you click on "Choose Waypoint" you can use "Choose On Map".

So it is possible, but I wouldn't call you incompetent for not finding it obvious.

rdmp2 replied to armb | 4 years ago
0 likes
armb wrote:

rdmp2 wrote:

https://www.komoot.com/plan gives you a choice of "One Way" or "Round Trip". The app spells them "One Way" and "Roundtrip" and you click the current one to expand radio buttons, where the web planner has them as sort of tabs.

Then if you click on "Choose Waypoint" you can use "Choose On Map".

So it is possible, but I wouldn't call you incompetent for not finding it obvious.

OK-thanks. As mentioned I have got a solution now but good to have options

rdmp2 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sorry - bike on road. Its for a family member who is starting to cycle short distances (5 miles ish) for a little fitness and likes to work out distance travelled when back home. I can't persuade them to carry a GPS

kil0ran | 4 years ago
0 likes

Possibly Komoot will work - very versatile, works well on Android and the web

https://www.komoot.com/

Free to use in your local area, and usually have good offers available on full subscriptions.

Hirsute | 4 years ago
0 likes

You haven't said what type of transport you refer to.
I assume a cycle, in which case are you talking on road or off road?

Latest Comments