Freezing outside, motivation waning.

It was freezing outside this morning and suddenly my yearly distance target seems not as important as before. I am currently on 8645km for the year and need 700km to beat last year. The magical 10KK never seems to happen. Either I break a rib or my bike is out of action for weeks. It probably doesn't sound that far to some of you but I have to go to work and all the other things... I need to do the work in the summer and get close enough that I don't wimp out in December.

Also I was in a very expensive bike shop trying on a very expensive bike jacket, the kind that drys when you shake it. And it was lovely just sooo expensive, like most-peoples-bikes-cost expensive. The guy said his friend has one and is up in the Peaks and swears by it. I said I wasn't much of a climber and that it was worth thinking about. I just imagine buying such a thing and then only having the motivaion to head out in the conditions it is meant for once a year.

What gets you out on the road at this time of year?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.