Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Psychology of Cycling Fast Survey

Hello all,
For my extended project I am doing an essay entitled “The Evolution and Applications of Aerodynamics in Cycling; Testing How Valid Current Aerodynamic Drag Models Are In Real World Riding” which might interest some of you; however I need some of your help - please could you fill out my survey on the psychology of cycling fast https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QGT6PXT 12 
Thank you and Merry Christmas
Sasha H

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Pilot Pete | 4 years ago
0 likes

What you could do Sashah is ask a number of posters how they would term the questions and what possible answers they would like to be able to choose from. That way you may make a survey that is less skewed and also one that your target audience is more likely to fill in...

PP

srchar | 4 years ago
2 likes

Is it Crap Survey Week or something?

mattsccm | 4 years ago
1 like

Awful survey. " what do I say to myself in wind"? 

Stupid question but can't answer"nothing"

Its wind FFS! 

Hirsute | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've just ordered an anemometer before I submit.

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
0 likes

You've got some trailing characters in your link - it should be: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QGT6PXT

I was going to start answering it, but the first question only allows one response whereas I'd want to check several of them.

jaysa replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like

hawkinspeter wrote:

... the first question only allows one response whereas I'd want to check several of them.

^^^ that.

Also what do you mean by 'aerodynamics of a bike'? Is that tube sections, dropped seatstays etc, or do you mean a low stack height enabling a low front end (whether or not with funky tubes)?

For reference, freewheeling down a given hill in the Alps, my terminal speed is 45mph on a Lapierre Aircode which has a high stack and -6 stem, and 55mph on a 2017 Supersix Evo with a lower stack and -17 (flat) stem, so I'd take a lower front over tube shapes any day (wheels, position, rider weight and helmet much the same).

Latest Comments