Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Upgrade from Caad10 to SuperSix Evo 2018

Hi

I'm thinking about upgrading from my trusty old caad10 to either a previous gen Super Six Evo or Caad12. I was wondering if anyone else had made this change, the stack and reach on both the Super Six Evo and Caad12 is the same from what I can see, but it is slightly different to my current Caad10.

The stack and reach of the Caad10 is 546 and 383 whereas both the supersix and Caad12 are 551 and 387, I was wondering if people thought this would be noticible  or if anyone else out there had done the same bike upgrade and how they got on with the change.

Any thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Boombang | 4 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't bother unless you want bigger tyre clearance or going for discs (I have tyres measuring 32mm on my CAAD12 with rim brakes).   I assume you are looking at a 54, a 52 CAAD12 could be closer in terms of frame reach/stack at 536 and 381.  

Remember that due to steerer angle the more spacers the less reach you actually get (and less spacers more reach). 

If you say ran a 54 CAAD10 with a 15mm spacer you would run a 54 CAAD12 with a 10mm spacer to get same actual stack, but would gain more reach, over and above the 4mm the figures suggest.

Latest Comments