Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour Down Under

Time to wake up from hibernation....and really looking forward to it...

I’m liking the course this year. Stage two and three look all important before Willunga on stage six. I think they’ve got it just right.

Three teams declared already with Ewan, Bevin and Ulissi headlining as expected...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

dave atkinson | 4 years ago
1 like

That's as good as it's going to get for me. I might as well quit now.

Dr Winston replied to dave atkinson | 4 years ago
0 likes

dave atkinson wrote:

That's as good as it's going to get for me. I might as well quit now.

Nah...you’re in it to win it Dave. 

11waterloo | 4 years ago
3 likes

Good to wake up from hibernation & have the game back! Not sure my wife feels the same as she is woken by my moaning about, on any given morning, Roosen, Haas or Power. We can also safely put Richie Porte away again for the rest of the season & dust him off again this time next year!!

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 4 years ago
1 like

11waterloo wrote:

Good to wake up from hibernation & have the game back! Not sure my wife feels the same as she is woken by my moaning about, on any given morning, Roosen, Haas or Power. We can also safely put Richie Porte away again for the rest of the season & dust him off again this time next year!!

Aye...He’s shot his annual bolt. 

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Came down to Robert Power or Bardet for my final spot....went with Power but regret it already....and not a wheel turned.

oh well....

JAndrewHill | 4 years ago
0 likes

Can we stop the season now? 

Dr Winston replied to JAndrewHill | 4 years ago
0 likes

JAndrewHill wrote:

Can we stop the season now? 

No....you’re stuck with it. Nice going...btw...

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

That last climb on stage 5 towards the end has quite a bite on it....mmmm...

Gecko-cyclist replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm indeed. Similar length and gradient to Willunga but 20km out should be possible but Caleb was dropped in 2016 along with most of the other sprinters. I guess a mix of sprinters and puncheurs is the safe bet but if players gamble everything at one type of rider or the other the scores could be all over....

Dr Winston replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sat on my hands in the end. Interesting listening to the pre amble before the start on GCN reiterating what we already know. MIS simply have to attack that last climb and try to take the sprinters out...and put Impey in pole position at the finish....in doing so they will potentially drag the GC riders with them as well. 

However....I kept Bennett, Ewan, Phillipsen and co because I think most others will....maybe a lost opportunity...we’ll see.

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Huge result for NTT Nizz wasn't even on my radar! I worry about where this team is going to win races, but that is a great start to the season. So finally balanced now for the last day, how do MIT win? will the bonus sprints be enough?

tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

Stage 1 scoring

Note that I have used pcs's "young rider class'n" rather than official site; it seems correct.

As per pcs KOM class'n, I have scored Drizners ahead of Rosskopf, even though commentators were saying Rosskopf would get the jersey.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-down-under-2020/schwalbe-classic-...

Better than I thought tbh...He might have the odd good stage left in him, but also the odd disaster as well.

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Sniffer wrote:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-down-under-2020/schwalbe-classic-...

Better than I thought tbh...He might have the odd good stage left in him, but also the odd disaster as well.

Roads were damp on a crit circuit. How much did he want it?

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

How did Greipel do in the Schwalbe race?...I know he wasn’t top ten...so where did he finish...does anybody know?

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
1 like

Right, so, how do we do this again?

This TDU looks a bit lumpier than usual.

Dr Winston replied to jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
2 likes

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Right, so, how do we do this again?

This TDU looks a bit lumpier than usual.

Yes it does. Have you  forgotten how to do it?...Just pick Viviani and Sam Bennett for the Willunga hill stage and you’ll be fine...oh...and you’ll be needing George Bennett in the sprints. Hope that helps.

Latest Comments