Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The great helmet debate

Carlton Reid makes some important points on the need for helmet use by cyclists, as well as motorists...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2018/10/21/i-do-not-wear-a-bicy...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

HarryTrauts | 4 years ago
2 likes

Great article.  He's convinced me.  I'm going to get me one of those motoring helmets!

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like

Well presented argument and he doesn't even mention risk compensation.

ktache | 4 years ago
2 likes

Nice.  Speaking of helmet debates, we've not heard from the newly reserected BtBS for a few days.  He didn't push it a bit far again did he?

Organon replied to ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

ktache wrote:

Nice.  Speaking of helmet debates, we've not heard from the newly reserected BtBS for a few days.  He didn't push it a bit far again did he?

It might have been the anti-semitism he was barred for, not the anti-helmet rants.

Rapha Nadal replied to Organon | 4 years ago
0 likes

Organon wrote:

ktache wrote:

It might have been the anti-semitism he was barred for, not the anti-helmet rants.

Really?  I missed that one!  Blimey.

Hirsute replied to ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes
ktache wrote:

I assumed the mods caught up with him starting up as a new user. I think I mentioned before that one of your posts about cibm/btbs had disappeared. No idea which topic now though !

Latest Comments