Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Calpe Speciality coffee

We are counting down to a club trip to Calpe, while others fret over routes, I am sorting the important stuff- where to get a really good cup of coffee.

I assumed that as a cycling mecca it would be hoaching with places to go but googling so far has been pretty uninformative. Musette.cc out of town and D.Origen so far. Anyone have any other recommendations? I'm particularly interested in pre ride options

Allan

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Sprocketman | 4 years ago
1 like

I was in Calpe this morning and we've been going there for the past 18 years.  Even so I will disappoint you because there is lots of good coffee but not one particular cyclists cafe I would recommend.  If you want a beach front coffee, which visitors usually do, every cafe does it.  We go to the cafe next door but three to CiclosTony but it is in town.  As you know the area is swarming with Pro Teams right now and I've seen them at the cafe near the castle on the front in Moraira.  However the cafe where I've seen both Marianne Vos and Cadel Evans (separately) is restaurant Tramonti in Parcent at the base of the col de rates but that gets cyclists because of its location rather than its coffee quality.......sorry to disappoint you

javi_polo | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've been to El Albir in the past and DOrigen was my go-to place for good coffee. They also have plenty of options for breakfast.

Never been to Calpe so I don't know any place there, but if you finally don't find any other place go to DOrigen. Well worth the visit IMO.

Scottish Scrutineer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Going to watch this, we may be heading there later this year

allanj replied to Scottish Scrutineer | 4 years ago
2 likes

The excitement of seeing a reply, them the disappointment!

Scottish Scrutineer replied to allanj | 4 years ago
1 like

allanj wrote:

The excitement of seeing a reply, them the disappointment!

Apologies, (x2) 

Latest Comments