Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Myths and tall tales from accross the counter

Flush it through with cold tea Sir! Just as Kirsty MacColl knew a fella down the chippie purporting to be Elvis, I’ve heard my fair share of tall-tales from behind the bike shop counter…Drops don’t work off-road sir… Judy Butter is just re packaged red rubber grease…(That’ll be why the latter's chomped through my fork elastomer then). Care to share yours?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Blackhound | 15 years ago
0 likes

'nobody makes steel frames anymore' WTF

purplecup | 15 years ago
0 likes

"sorry, [shimano component A] definitely won't work with [shimano component B], you'll have to get [shimano components C,D,E,F,G,H,I and J]"

This has happened to me so many times and now i just ignore it. most of 'em seem to be compatible to me, maybe my threshold is a bit low  1

Also, what's with bike shops wanting to replace seized mechs every time they seize? the number of friends who've asked me if i have a spare one because the bike shop said they needed a new one. just oil it and jiggle it about a bit. it'll be fine!

Latest Comments