Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Headaches

Done a couple of 80 milers recently and i'm finding that i'm getting some stonking headaches.
THought at firts it was dehydration but nuun tablets and plenty of water on last ride made no difference (pee is like water). Eating plenty, helmet not too tight.

Anyone got any ideas?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

SimpleSimon | 14 years ago
0 likes

I find that I too sometimes get headaches on long rides, or even afterwards. I do think it is dehydration and position on the bike. I use a lot of Zym to keep hydrated and loaded with vitamins and minerals. I do know that with these hydration products (just as with energy bars/gels/powders) different brands suit different people. Read what Narch said in the link above. It could also be that you are straining your neck!

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

there's been a bit of talk about this issue before at http://road.cc/content/forum/3493-headaches but no definite answers. i get them from time to time too. i definitely find i get them less on long rides if i ride a bike that's more upright, so it may be a positional thing for me?

Latest Comments