Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What size Pomp?

Eyeing up a pomp for a bit of cx action. 5'10", I ride an 18" O-O 29er - reckon a med or lge pomp??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

pity you didn't decide on large then  1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/fixed-speed-bike

Clink | 14 years ago
0 likes

Thanks - I reckon M. Just got to find a 2nd hand one now!

stever | 14 years ago
0 likes

I reckon you're borderline, just like me. I'm 5'10" and on a L, with hindsight I'd be on a M with a slightly longer stem. Not a showstopper though.

cactuscat | 14 years ago
0 likes

if you're just going to use it for cross then personally i'd go for the smaller frame, it'll give you a bit more standover and be a bit more chuckable on the descents. for longer rides i guess you might feel a bit cramped on it

Clink replied to cactuscat | 14 years ago
0 likes
cactuscat wrote:

if you're just going to use it for cross then personally i'd go for the smaller frame, it'll give you a bit more standover and be a bit more chuckable on the descents. for longer rides i guess you might feel a bit cramped on it

Thanks. I reckon I will only manage 4 races due to family etc, so bigger frame will probably make more sense. I had a 56cm Kona jts last year though and found it too big (56cm st and ett).

Latest Comments