Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1415 comments

mrtickleron | 5 years ago
1 like

My bomb-proof commuter.
Light Blue Darwin frame
Shimano S106 inc. hydro discs
Amazingly comfortable Schwalbe 38c G-One Tubeless tyres
Cracking Fabric saddle with titanium rails

Paul7189 | 5 years ago
2 likes

Just picked up a Defy Advanced Pro frame with the 2018 defy advanced spec on it. Pleased with how close it matches my big bike!

2xthirteen | 5 years ago
6 likes

Hi all, I'm brand new here.

I picked up a Specialized Allez Sprint Comp in mid-July to get back into cycling - it had been more than a decade since I road regularly. ~780 miles on it since them and my only disappointment is that winter is coming very soon where I am.

Cheers,

Scott

IanEdward | 5 years ago
3 likes

The gravel/CX/used-to-be-a-MTB bike...

//i.imgur.com/U8QLHwx.jpg)

The road bike

//i.imgur.com/ZDpvnME.jpg)

The commuter

//i.imgur.com/549GOwa.jpg)

amandac | 5 years ago
0 likes

this is my bike..smiley

amandac | 5 years ago
0 likes

this is my bike..smiley

amandac | 5 years ago
0 likes

this is my bike..smiley

Strongy1 | 5 years ago
1 like

Here's my new 1. Boardmam SLR elite race 9.8 signature frameset. Cinelli neos bars, stem & seat post. Campagnolo super record shifters, front mech & cranks. Campagnolo record rear mech & chain. Campagnolo chorus light weight cassette & calipers. Campagnolo Zonda wheels. Dura ace 9100 pedals. FSA carbon headset. Specialized romin elite seat. Lizard skin bar tape. 7.1 kg.

zerolight | 5 years ago
3 likes

I just built up a new bike - well moved the majority of bits off my 2015 Defy over to a 2018 Supersix. And of course, one ride later there's snow everywhere.  It's not quite the bum in the air setup that many of you like, but it's the most comfortable I've ever been on a road bike. My other bike is a burly MTB (and the Defy frame hung on a wall awaiting sale). 

//i66.tinypic.com/igx3qe.jpg)

CarlTV | 5 years ago
3 likes

My Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2.

Fresh with 28mm Conti GP5000's.

Rear mech changed to take an 11-34 cassette... ultimate climbing tool.

Halx00 | 5 years ago
3 likes

Another nice bike in need of some tlc

reynolds 531 tubing , super smooth ride

Happy days

lukerob1980 | 5 years ago
3 likes

humm..

Halx00 | 5 years ago
2 likes

My latest tourer 1995 Marin Pine Mountain

so comfortable 

Glyno replied to davel | 5 years ago
0 likes
davel wrote:

Presumably a trunk call... Sorry... ish. 

I think it was a branch line
(whatever one is)?

simonmb replied to mrtickleron | 5 years ago
3 likes

mrtickleron wrote:

My bomb-proof commuter. Light Blue Darwin frame Shimano S106 inc. hydro discs Amazingly comfortable Schwalbe 38c G-One Tubeless tyres Cracking Fabric saddle with titanium rails

Appropriate post from the southern hemisphere.

Cracking bike though. Must be like riding on air.

step83 | 6 years ago
1 like

My pair

Summer plasticy planet X RT80, no cassette im waiting on a new one 

//farm5.staticflickr.com/4612/28145383959_7bc433dd23_b.jpg)

Winter bike Eastway R3.0 minus bar tape with its turbo trainer wheel

//farm5.staticflickr.com/4600/39219570961_69b3be78a4_b.jpg)

Pilot Pete | 6 years ago
5 likes

Here’s my latest build completed;

//image.ibb.co/iHygRH/C4_C3_BBE8_6746_4042_AEFA_8_F208_C5_E8_BA7.jpg)

//image.ibb.co/g4k6bH/F84_EA0_F7_8_AFC_41_D9_AAD6_8_D501_C632_D89.jpg)

//image.ibb.co/e7NEfc/B947224_C_1478_49_B7_9_DD5_36_B9_E152_D3_AB.jpg)
//image.ibb.co/gEk6tx/3_BB9223_A_C5_BB_4_C04_8756_3322937_B56_F2.jpg)

Just need some dry roads now....

PP

prufrock | 6 years ago
1 like

2017 BMC TimeMachine TM01 - For Triathlons and Time Trials. Built with Shimano Dura-Ace Di-2, Rotor 2inpower crankset, CeramicSpeed over-sized pulley, ENVE cockpit, ENVE SES 7.8 wheels, KMS gold chain.

redspear999 | 6 years ago
4 likes

My newest bike and also my oldest. A refurbished 531 steel Dawes from the 90s. So smooth compared to my other carbon and Alu bikes. 

downhiller | 6 years ago
3 likes

First ride out on my new Vitus today; had it a week or so but it's only been on Zwift up until now:

//i.imgur.com/jEKtAvj.jpg)

Thanks to my wife for the bonus late-Christmas present!  (She got one as well, it's not a ruse to get me out of the house more...)

Joebristol | 6 years ago
1 like

As I’m new to the forum I’ll post my current road bike. The road bike isn’t often on the turbo, but that’s the only picture I’ve got. I’ve got 2 x mtbs as well but it looks like you can only upload one file per post?

Joebristol | 6 years ago
1 like

My main mountain bike - bit heavier than the rest of the bikes on here at about 32lbs.....

Boatsie | 6 years ago
1 like

XL Avanti Blade 8. Wet bike and shopping trolley.
Hub gearing. Really easy cleaning. Needs 5 bolts to finish front guard and rack with.
I really like the handlebars. Horns have flatspots that feet her upside down nicely.
28s. Going wider when they wear down.

Boatsie | 6 years ago
1 like

Fixed 50t 16t with old dual pivot brakes front and rear (edited, tired when first written)
Fixed fixed hub 16/14. Dry weather commuter unless too difficult to ride. Been riding, love it, +7kmph immediate increase in average speed on flats compared to my other skinny wheel road bike. I like derailaurs but this is so addictive lying motionless with rest after ride with spinning legs feeling similar to a living still heart using caterpillar like muscle movement to retain blood flow while body recovers.
My mate lives up a hill, having to wait to gain strength.  1

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
0 likes

https://www.flickr.com/photos/think180/albums/72157600206274323

You'll have to have a root around there, it's a little out of dat at the moment as the Ribble frame has become a singlespeed and a Kuota has been added, similar to this one

//sportsdestiny.com/e-store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/h/kharma-evo-white-red_4.jpg)
but dressed with a pair of Zondas and full Campag groupset

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
2 likes

No bike to show for me at the moment. Packed up cycling 20 years ago when i had my kids but now deperately looking to get back on. All i can add to this thread is a comment...

Some seriously fantastic bikes on here. I'm amazed to see, in my hunt for a new ride, that retro bikes from the 80's and 90's (my era) are very much loved now and shown for what they were...the peak of bike building and style (imo)

No doubt the modern bikes will leave a steel frame dinosaur standing...but it will be the beautiful slender bikes of the previous era that will one day grace the museums of design in greater number...plus one or two carbons.

Well done to those that have restored them and shown their steeds on here...brought a tear to my eye...

Oshsan | 6 years ago
7 likes

My ‘winter’ bike - Duell Solo Columbus frameset with Campag Chorus group + Ambrosio Excellight wheels. Love the clean lines of retro steel bikes. 

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
3 likes

Here's my latest edition,

2006 Specialized Transition Comp frameset (for TT) built up with Ultegra 6800, a HED Trispoke and a custom Mavic Kysrium rear disc. It's stupendously fast!

Boatsie | 6 years ago
0 likes

Changed a few bits on my Avanti Blade Comp.
Chain needs shortening but apart from that she's ready to roll.
Shimano 105 53/39
Microshifter 9 speed Tiagra 13-23
Microshift shifters on Felt bars.
MiniV cantilever brakes.
38mm Maxxis Overdrive tyres.
Everything else is factory spec besides the tape.  1 At 0.75 cents (40p) a roll I figured some kid might learn something while I fine tune the bike and learn something myself. Is thick and comfy tape.

Spare 105 hub 9 speed rims with a variety of 23-28mm tyres and a set of clip ons ready to use. Best I could do and thinking of electric front hub or rear electric 9 speed hub in near future to use bike as a Sunday church rocket. Has triple water bottle placement bolts. Not sure if shifter cables will allow a hung battery?
Tuffy tyre liners too.  3

upriver | 6 years ago
5 likes

Latest incarnation of my neo-retro show pony

Pages

Latest Comments