Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone used bike discount.de

Hi all, just had my rear wheel damaged at the weekend. I have my mind on a new set, only to find everyone in the UK seems to have them out of stock.
I have stumbled on the German retailer bike discount.de and they seem to have them at a great rate saving £50+ on anything offered here in the UK.
I have checked the usual forums as well as here but no one seems to have bought anything as fragile as a wheel set. Does anyone have any experience of them for buying wheels of any kind?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

28 comments

Canyon48 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I bought a (not cheap) DT Swiss ARC 1100 62mm wheelset from bike discount.de and it arrived within a week with no issues at all.

Since this thread was first posted tax on imports has changed - this may affect ordering from them (I don't really know).

Borch | 3 years ago
0 likes

I wish I would read other bike-discount.de costumers reviews before order something in this store. Everything went wrong from the beginning. Shipping delays, damage order, and the final nonsense: They send to me a replacement instead the refund that I was claimed. So many mistakes make me think everything can't be fortuity.

matthewn5 replied to Borch | 3 years ago
2 likes

I've had brilliant service from them many times. You must have been unlucky.

BTW, epic dredge!

fukawitribe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Wonder if it was down to one of the road.cc database burps bringing it back to the surface ?

Toro Toro | 8 years ago
1 like

If people are going to resurrect old threads rather than start a new one, nobody gets to huffily say "we've already discussed this on, like, loads of threads already".

Ad Hynkel | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ha ha ha. What is this beef with resurrecting threads from the dead? If there are folk who want to contribute, let 'em on. The OP might not give two hoots any more but it's still a valid question. Provided discount.de still exists...then you would have a point.

MartyMcCann | 8 years ago
0 likes

Why have people started responding to a question from 2 years ago?

Glen C | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have used them without problem too. Wiggle also agreed to price match them on a Garmin I bought at the end of last year - in case they have the item in stock and you have any concerns about buying overseas.

peterben | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yes! go for them.

fukawitribe | 8 years ago
0 likes

FWIW i've had good experience with www.bike24.com as well.

Vejnemojnen | 8 years ago
0 likes

Consider them as well:

https://www.bike-components.de/en/

QUick and communicative, even for just general inquires about produtts. And they have a "price alert" ("seen cheaper?") button as well  1

Leodis | 8 years ago
0 likes

I used them earlier in the year, the delivery was about 4-5 days and all went very well. Got a LS Gabba for £97, bargain

Jahmoo | 8 years ago
0 likes

Used a few times and no problems, am considering a Bike purchase from them, just a bit wary on how it will arrive though... Again, more worried with UK delivery service than German.

Spooks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just bought tyres from them and brilliant service, arrived in 3days, almost 20 quid cheaper than most places and great comms with tracked. Will use again

eden park roller | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just for completeness if any one is interested. Did order my new Fulcrums from Bike Discount and found them great. Don't bother paying extra for DHL though, it ends up with Parcelforce In the UK and they couldn't even be bothered to fill out the full tracking number on the missed delivery card when I missed delivery, so it was a pain in the arse to track them down in the local depot. Other than that would use them again.

Comrade | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've not used them, but have used Rose of Germany for wheels, no problems and quick.

cojones | 10 years ago
0 likes

They are uber-efficient (yes, that is intended)...quick delivery, great comms...I use them a lot as they seem to be cheaper than most UK retailers.

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Also Rose Bikes, bought some spare wheels off them; incredible value and really quick delivery.

StuayEd | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not bought any wheels from them, but lots of other stuff, including an Edge 800. Prices are often ridiculously good and it's always arrived within a week. Can't fault them!

0 likes

Looks like I am going to take the plunge this evening then. Thanks to all.

vorsprung | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought some tyres from them

Quick delivery (considering they are in another country) cheap and a good range of products

700c | 10 years ago
0 likes

+1 on the above, ordered a fulcrum crankset and it was received safe and sound, dispatched promptly at their end. Only slight issue was with DPD once in the UK, who managed to take 3 days to get it from local depot to address.

pirnie | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've used them a fair few times now. Always prompt delivery and really cheap prices on certain things. Not had any problems so can't say what they're like with returns etc but everything I've bought has arrived promptly and in good condition.

There's also the added novelty of getting parcels addressed to Herr pirnie!

JK | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got a turbo trainer from them just before xmas, fast delivery and no problems.

0 likes

Thanks guys looking at a set of Fulcrum Quattros. Might just give them a try.

Bedfordshire Clanger | 10 years ago
0 likes

I use them whenever they work out cheapest. I bought a wheelset from them last year, the wheels came in a big safe box just like they would from any other decent online retailer. I got a pair of DT Swiss 1450 delivered by DPD and I couldn't be more pleased with them. You can buy with confidence as far as I'm concerned.

sea_biscuit | 10 years ago
0 likes

ive only heard good things about them. dont worry - they are Germanic - attn to detail is uppermost.

mathewshotbolt | 10 years ago
0 likes

what wheels?

Latest Comments