Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rookie league, new player questions and discussions

Hello all you new players!

So that you can test yourself against other new players and see where you stand against people with the same level of experience as you I've set up a new player league!

The "road.cc Rookie League" is for people in their first year of fantasy cycling can be found by heading to the 'Leagues' tab on the fantasy cycling section of the site.  Click on the "Got a league ID? Click here to join a new league..." button and type in 77088 which is the league's id number.

If you're new please join in and if you have any questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

117 comments

monica | 10 years ago
0 likes

I see a lot of riders are labeled 'Popular Riders'. What does 'Popular' mean? When a rider is marked as 'Popular,' is that becaase they were 'Popular' in the last race or because they are 'Popular' in the current teams people are fidgeting around with right now? So is the 'Popular' standing calculated every day? Are there a certain amount of 'Popular' riders, say the Top 20 'Most Popular Riders'? Or are they shown because they have been selected say by more than 20% - or some other number - of the teams? Just wondering...

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Interesting as I just had a similar problems but couldn't really be a##ed to report it. However seeing this.

I didn't note the exact riders, but the totals did not add up.

IE

the amount that it showed me as having left was not equal to 150 minus the riders I had picked.

There was a difference of 0.9 and although my team was showing me with a credit balance, it was also saying I was over my budget. I checked the maths manually, and there was definitely a glitch in the system somewhere

just FYI.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The budget is 150 and no riders should have changed in price since the competition opened.

Twybaydos replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Reichenbach has been rounded up to 8 and Denifl has been rounded up to 4,

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Since I picked my team for the world championship road race the other day it has now gone over budget (I assume a few riders have gone up in value). Thing is, I don't wish to change it. Will I get penalised if the team is over 100 at the time of the race or do I need to change it now?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The £10 is a yearly premium fee.

It runs on the season. So from the first race to the last, but you can come in at any time. I would suggest holding onto your money until the start of next season and getting full value as there as so few races left  3

Mr Jono | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

Is the £10 to go premium a yearly fee or one-off? If it's yearly is it season start to season end or for 365 days from the payment?

Thanks

southstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Might as well put this here, i'm missing a transfer for tomorrow, should have 5 instead of 4 as I had 3 saved up before today's stage

Thanks

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

F - in form rider
P - popular pick
D - dream team (9 top scoring riders from previous stage)

that and lots of other useful stuff is here: http://fantasy.road.cc/howto

Jakesthing replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wish I knew that earlier although when your team is dictated by an 8 year old leaving about 24ish points for 6 riders choice can be limited.

Appreciate your reply. Off to look at the 'howto'. Many thanks  26

Jakesthing | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi. Newbie here and can't show weakness and ask my mate this question... What are the stars next to some of the riders?  39

ernesto | 10 years ago
0 likes

How do you score the intermediate sprints in the Tour de France competition?

TERatcliffe26 replied to ernesto | 10 years ago
0 likes
ernesto wrote:

How do you score the intermediate sprints in the Tour de France competition?

15 points for 1st down to 1 point for 15th

Oscar67 | 10 years ago
0 likes

How can I view the teams of others in my league?

bodsey purist team replied to Oscar67 | 10 years ago
1 like
Oscar67 wrote:

How can I view the teams of others in my league?

When viewing the league positions, click on the number giving their team score. That'll show you the scores for their individual riders from the last stage.

s1millar | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have joined a purist and a non-purist league with the same login. Will the team lock at the deadline and then free up for the non-purist league? Or do I need a separate login

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

can everyone who's *not* a rookie stop pissing and moaning on this thread please? it's not for you to try and score points against each other. and you doing so will put off people who actually want help.

I've deleted those comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nearly sorted, had awful slow internet here today so not bothered to tinker but likely to have a play tomorrow. Pinot is in at the minute but very tempted to swap him for Quintana...

Will see how I feel tomorrow afternoon when I make my final changes.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Your team all set Dan? Think mine's nearly finished, will prob have another look at it the day before.

Possibly thinking of foregoing my purist team in an effort to get top 10 after stage 1, very risky and highly improbable, but might be worth loading up with 10 sprinters

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

First official race was Tour Down Under in January.

The overall table shows total year scores so it's likely I'll be way out in front in the league just because I've played from the start and most others appear to be joining for the Tour so you can pretty much ignore that. The Tour league will be interesting though, historically I'm not amazing at the Tour, finished something like 115th last year.

0 likes

When did the overall table start!?
ie what was the first race of the season, (for fantasy)??

I started at the Giro

1 like

Woo Go Rookies!

IRISHGENIUS | 10 years ago
0 likes

On scoring for team time trail, if your rider is not one of the first 5 to finish of the team do they still get points?

STEVESPRO 79 replied to IRISHGENIUS | 10 years ago
0 likes
IRISHCLIFF wrote:

On scoring for team time trail, if your rider is not one of the first 5 to finish of the team do they still get points?

Yes...

drheaton replied to IRISHGENIUS | 10 years ago
0 likes
IRISHCLIFF wrote:

Hi, yes, the wording on the 'stages' page is:

Quote:

Team Time Trial scoring. 20 points for each participating member of the first place team down to 2 point for each participating member of the 10th placed team

That means each member of the winning team gets 20 points, each member of the second place team gets 18 and so on down to 2 points for each member of the 10th place team.

StarLord replied to drheaton | 4 years ago
0 likes

drheaton wrote:
IRISHCLIFF wrote:

Quote:

Team Time Trial scoring. 20 points for each participating member of the first place team down to 2 point for each participating member of the 10th placed team

That means each member of the winning team gets 20 points, each member of the second place team gets 18 and so on down to 2 points for each member of the 10th place team.

In terms of rider selection, one would only need 1 rider (out of 8 riders) from a team to qualify for a TTT win?

Condor Andy replied to StarLord | 4 years ago
0 likes

campy4life wrote:

drheaton wrote:
IRISHCLIFF wrote:

Quote:

In terms of rider selection, one would only need 1 rider (out of 8 riders) from a team to qualify for a TTT win?

Every rider in the team scores the same points for finishing position in a TTT, regardless of which riders actually crossed the line when. There are no team bonuses given out. So it's 20 points for everyone in the winning team, 12 for 2nd down to 2 points for the 10th best team. Jersey points are on top of this. If you're positive a team is capable of a top 5 then having 2 riders from that team is a good idea.

I terms of the Tour de France, the TTT is on stage 2. There's a sprint stage beforehand and something a little hillier on stage 3. I would put little thought into the TTT, take your sprinters for stage 1 and maybe fill it with cheap riders from good TTT teams.

Pages

Latest Comments