Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Are Scribe wheels Kinlin xr31t?

Does any body know who makes the Alu rims for scribe? They look very similar to the popular Kinlin xr31t, same as Hunt uses. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

Taiwan

Chris Hayes | 3 years ago
0 likes

There's certainly less info on their website about the rims than there is about the other wheel components.  You can't even check the dimensions fully.  Assuming they are - because Scribe probably don't make anything - I run two sets of these Kinlin rims, both built by Harry Rowlands.  

The asymetric shape can be a bit of a pain in the proverbial if you're running tubeless as you need an asymetric spacer for the valve, but once they are set up they're great wheels. Mine replaced a set of HED Belgiums (which cracked) and whilst I've long since forgotten what it was like to ride on them, I can distinctly recall fitting these and being very pleased with them.  They're very stable, reasonably light at circa 1500g and are very strong.  They've seen some real hammer (two Paris-Roubaixs) and they're still true. http://www.harryrowland.co.uk 

Saracen888 replied to Chris Hayes | 3 years ago
0 likes

+1 for Harry Rowland. Had Kinlins built up too and they've been great 

Latest Comments