Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best Cheap Cycling Sunglasses

Hello everybody,

I've been looking around for some good looking sunglasses that won't break the bank and got a pair of these:

https://podium-sports-sunglasses.com/products/sport-cycling-sunglasses-u...

They are actually way better than expected, just felt like sharing this in case anyone else was looking for some cheapish cycling sunglasses. Do you guys also know any other good value cycling sunglasses (under 100 pounds ideally about 50 quid)?

Hope you are all having a good day :),

Max

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Shades | 3 years ago
0 likes

Decathlon or Madison (both with 3 different lenses) work well; much as I'd like a pair of expensive cycling sunnies, I know I'd break them and have a serious 'sense of humour failure".

Westgatelad | 3 years ago
0 likes

Screwfix safety glasses. £4 and if you drop them. You shrug. If you break them, you buy another pair. They stop flies and gravel and don't look too bad either.

Saying that. I am a tight arse.

Richard_pics | 3 years ago
1 like

Take some sunglasses - Doesnt matter on the brand. Put them on your face, and go Cycling. Voila.....

Many will argue, saying that certain glasses are not UV protected or Crash Resistant. What if you get a stone to the face etc etc.

In the 15000 miles i have cycled in the last few years, ive never been hit by a stray stone anywhere on my face, and if they are tinted, then they will give some UV protection (Ali express ones for instance more often have 100% UV protection).

Has anyone ever lost thier sight from a crash and the glasses cutting their eyes?

Loz _ A | 3 years ago
0 likes

I gave up using cycling specific glasses ages ago - the terms 'cycling glasses' and 'cheap' are mutually exclusive!

Just get safety glasses. That's what many of the glasses sold as cycling glasses are. I use the voltX range as they're fully wrap-round to keep the flies out, available in various tints and as bifocal to be able to bring the handle-bar mounted kit into focus.

pockstone replied to Loz _ A | 3 years ago
0 likes

+1 for VoltX. especially the bifocals.

kil0ran | 3 years ago
0 likes

Galibier get consistently good reviews - cost around £40. Waiting for Ardennes Shields to arrive and if I like those I'll probably get the other style for more casual riding

https://galibier.cc/product/ardennes-shield-optics/

richtheblade replied to kil0ran | 3 years ago
0 likes

Velochampion do a good selection of reasonably priced sunglasses. I've just bought some Warp sunglasses and they're great.
https://www.velochampion.cc/collections/warp-sunglasses

pauld replied to richtheblade | 3 years ago
0 likes

Ekoi are quiet good and they keep having flash sales on. They also have the prescription inserts if you need them.

Latest Comments