Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bob Jackson respray colours

Hi I am arranging for an old audax style frame to be resprayed at Bob Jackson. I am thinking enamel for more durability. I have doubts about the accuracy of the colours shown on the website.
http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/frame-resprays/

I appreciate photos won't be completely accurate either but if anyone can post or link to photos of the colours on a frame or bike it would be much appreciated. I have googled but not found much I can relate directly to colours currently offered on the website. Thank you

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

David9694 | 4 years ago
0 likes

You're right to be cautious if you are choosey About what you want. I had a respray done at Mercian: I chose shade no 6, but it looks more like their no 45.
I don't think BJ mean enamel in the sense of the finish  being more robust than the others  - but it is easier to touch-up of course - if they'll sell or give you some touch-up.

it's not an essential journey, but you have to make the delivery trip to be sure, I'm afraid. 

Vercors replied to David9694 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. I am checking with Bob Jackson whether they can colour match to any RAL non metalic colour (https://www.ralcolor.com/) as a friend told me. I was thinking not to go in person but to use the collection and delivery service given the virus situation. I understand the samples in the shop are not great either, no criticism intended.

Spangly Shiny replied to Vercors | 4 years ago
0 likes

I rode past the Bob Jackson store on Wednesday afternoon. All shuttered up I'm afraid.

Vercors replied to Spangly Shiny | 4 years ago
0 likes

I spotted that on their website but it is very kind of Spangly Shiny to point it out. If it is of interest to anyone Bob Jackson told me before they closed of you spec a set colour such as a RAL code we will buy this in for you from their paint supplier for an estimated £20 to £35 extra.

Latest Comments