Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campagnolo 2013 & 2015 Crankset

I'm curious if anyone knows if a 2015 11speed Record crankset will jive with 2013 front and rear Record derailleur and shifters.  I need a compact crankset and cannot find a 2013 one at a reasonable price so am thinking of the 2015 version when it switched to four bolts. 

Thanks. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Richard D | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm the other way around - 2013 cranks with 2015 derailleurs (it was an aesthetic thing for me).  Works fine.

Id like to know if the recent 12-speed cranks would be compatible with an 11-speed chain and 2015MY 11-speed derailleurs, though (as the recent cranks are available in 165mm).

rookybiker replied to Richard D | 2 years ago
0 likes

Not officially. The 12s chain is narrower on the inside, therefore the chainring teeth also need to be narrower. I have not read of anyone mixing a 12s crank with an 11s group either. If you really want to try, I suggest you start by downloading the excellent technical documentation available on Campagnolo's website, to find out if the chainline, chainring spacing and chainring BCD have changed. If they are the same, in the worst case you may fit 11s chainrings on a 12s crank.

wycombewheeler replied to rookybiker | 2 years ago
0 likes

12 speed teeth would be narrower than 11s, so the chain would fit over them, I doubt the inner and outer ring are so close together that the wider 11s chain would cause a clash.

certainly with shimano cranks were listed as 10s/11s fitting either the 10 speed or narrower 11 speed chain. 

matthewn5 | 2 years ago
1 like

Yes, perfectly compatible according to this article:
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/12/mixing-road-groupsets-what-works-togethe...

Latest Comments