Hi fellow riders,
I am a 45 year male and live in the San Francisco area in the US (good mix of hills and flats all around me). I ride about 200 miles a month, and my favorite rides are around 50 miles with a good mix of hills and flats. I do enjoy the hills and want to get better at climbing. I currently ride a Felt V75 that I bought used for USD $800 two years ago (it's an entry level endurance bike). I want a fast road bike that can help me climb hills faster but also allow me to ride the longer rides (and an occasional century).
I have been researching Canyon bikes. I'm not a bike expert so watching a lot of Youtube videos and reading forums. A few things that are important to me are:
1. Disc brakes
2. My budget is around USD $6,000
3. I love the look of the Aeroad models but I wonder if its too aggressive a design for an old guy like me.
4. I love the stealth black color
So I am really trying to choose between Ultimate, Aeroad and Endurace models, and even though my heart desires an Aeroad, (mostly because it looks gorgeous) my mind says an Ultimate or Endurace will better suit my riding style and goals.
Here are the models that I have narrowed down:
1. Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Disc 8.0 ETAP ($5,999)
2. Endurace CF SLX Disc 9.0 Di2 (on sale for $5,999)
3. Finally the Aeroad that I like and in my budget is Aeroad CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 ($5,499), but I feel it will be too tough on my body for longer rides.
Sorry for the long post, But would love some opinions to help me make my mind.
If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.