Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Disc brake rear hub for 130 drop outs

Having worn out another rim on my winter bike I am looking at converting to a disc brake ( and tubeless tyre ). I have only been able to find rear hubs that are 135 OLN. Does a 130 hub exist or can one be created by deleting spacers? My frame is titanium so it cannot be cold set like a steel frame. Any advice? TIA.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

rookybiker | 3 years ago
0 likes

Halo has a disc brake hub line, the 6Drive, that comes with the parts to fit 130mm and 135 mm quick-release dropouts. Can also be converted to throughbolt.

fukawitribe | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi John. 130mm disc-brake hubs certainly used to exist, more generally back when road disc was newer - my old  (2013?) Jamis Nova Sport had one - so worth a look if you need a new wheelset. The frame could also be cold set, Ti is springy but not unbendable, but may be worth having a look at the drop out separation as well - a number of disc frames (including Ti) were spaced at a nominal 132.5mm to cope with either 130mm or 135mm.

Latest Comments