Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

‘ Distracting' mural which reminds drivers to slow down to be removed

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
3 likes

Distracting? I've seen a lot of advertising billboards next to roads, yet for some reason, they're never described as distracting.

markieteeee replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
2 likes

Even worse, it's right next to some Belisha beacons. While I have sympathy with the sentiment of having Belisha beacons to alert motorists to zebra crossings, so that they are aware of pedestrians, there is clearly potential for drivers to be distracted by such flashing amber spheres at this junction. 

ktache replied to markieteeee | 3 years ago
4 likes

I'm now worried about the amount of bright and fluorescent clothing that I'm sometimes wearing.

I mean I don't want to be "distracting"!

brooksby replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
4 likes

There was a story in one of the tabloids last week, a life size poster of a naked woman in a shower, in the window of a bathroom shop. Council told them to take it down as it could be distracting for passing drivers and " cause an accident ". They replaced it with a naked man having a bath and apparently that's fine... (?).

Sriracha replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
1 like

Yeah, that's bathist.

TheBillder replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
1 like

Eva Herzigova "Hello Boys" Wonderbra billboards, if you remember them. They were described as distracting, quite rightly in my opinion. Don't Google them at work...

Latest Comments