Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Elite suito smart trainer

Good afternoon,

I would like to explained a situation to see if anyone can help.

I purchased an Elite Suito smart trainer and it comes with an 11speed cassette incorporated. Because I have a cannondale synapse disc sora 2019 (with a Shimano CS HG-400 9speed), I had to buy a 9speed cassette and I've got a shimano CS HG-50 9 speed. 

After installing the 9speed cassette and do all the set up, I have crancky noise when I'm pedaling. I've been trying to adjust the gears with the screws but I still have the noise and it is not changing smoothly. (I put lubricate as well)

Any other ideas about what to do? The shimano CS HG-50 9 speed it is compatible with my chain KMC Z99 9speed, right? Not sure what it can be and I'm worried if i'm damaging my bike or the cassette.

Thank you in advance for your help.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

flyingpitman | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi I hope this doesn't sound daft,or insulting.Did you put the correct spacers on axle/QR.There different for through axle and Quick Release as I found out the hard way.

I put my disc brake bike on the turbo and the left hand spacer had fallen on floor,and I had something like what you're describing. 😲

Kapelmuur replied to flyingpitman | 3 years ago
0 likes

flyingpitman wrote:

Hi I hope this doesn't sound daft,or insulting.Did you put the correct spacers on axle/QR.There different for through axle and Quick Release as I found out the hard way.

I put my disc brake bike on the turbo and the left hand spacer had fallen on floor,and I had something like what you're describing. 😲

I did the same with my Direto.

PortuSeoane replied to Lance ꜱtrongarm | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi Nigel,

thanks for your reply. In my bike I have a 11-34 and the one I added to the trainer it is 11-30.

I’ll check that again today and see if it is touching or try to adjusted again (it did not work yesterday).

jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

To fit a 9-speed (actually anything between 7-10 speed) cassette to an 11-speed Shimano hub you need a small spacer to keep it in place...

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/WSOOCS11S/on-one-cassette-spacer-for-11-sp...

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-rear-hub-cassette-spacer-11-speed-to-1...

PortuSeoane replied to jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. I do have that, the suito come with two of those, one to add 10speed and two for the 9 speed. 

Latest Comments