Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

False equivalence meme needed

Looking for a Top Trumps* style meme - I can picture a bike and and an SUV side by side, with say weight, emissions, width and fuel consumption figures shown. any offers? 

I want to say to mrs Facebook false equivalence "yes, I'll definitely be looking out for those vulnerable people in cars when I'm cycling". 

http://bikeyface.com/2015/04/22/heads-up/

*If you're under 40, this is how you spent wet lunch-breaks at school, playing Top Trumps.  I've forgotten how you play - I think it's you had a deck of cards of say railway engines dealt out among the players and when it was your turn you called out the "best" statistic your next card has - whoever has the strongest card in that regard wins, and collects the cards. I think. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

PRSboy | 1 year ago
10 likes

I'm reminded of the old Mark Twain saying "don't argue with an idiot... they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Awavey | 1 year ago
0 likes

you could play https://www.procyclingtrumps.shop/ with them, though I know thats not quite what you mean

Mungecrundle | 1 year ago
5 likes

SR71 Blackbird - My all time favourite.

chrisonabike | 1 year ago
0 likes

Don't forget
Road deaths caused / y: 1000 : 1
... or appropriate. Obviously I can hear people screaming about rates and different use- cases. And you should probably run that for a range of countries. But it's Top Trumps!

Oh - and:
Net cost to every inhabitant including externalities!

ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
1 like

Sounds hilarious. Hope you get what you're looking for.

David9694 replied to ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
2 likes

Why are you here? 

ChuckSneed replied to David9694 | 1 year ago
2 likes

To read the great features and impartial reviews of course. Why are you here?

David9694 replied to ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
7 likes

Troll hunting. 

chrisonabike replied to David9694 | 1 year ago
8 likes

👍
We're gonna need a bigger bridge...

David9694 replied to chrisonabike | 1 year ago
0 likes

2 likes

That one is certainly leafy... I was thinking more this - although this troll appears to be attacking motor vehicles rather than defending them.

David9694 replied to chrisonabike | 1 year ago
2 likes

??

1 like

Hmm no, still too roomy, best keep it small so as to avoid them moving in permanently.

giff77 replied to David9694 | 1 year ago
3 likes

Seasons nearly finished as the days are getting longer. 

Latest Comments