Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fazua drive unit

I've recently gone electric , and I've been very pleased with how much more enjoyable it has made riding. Tackling Dartmoor hills, even with the lowest level of assistance has become a pleasure rather than a chore! My only gripe is that I'm having real difficulty in unclipping the Fazua system drive unit to recharge it. It's a s*d to push the clip up, and then the drive unit itself isn't easy to detach. Has anyone else had this problem I wonder, and can anyone suggest a solution?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

HoarseMann | 3 years ago
0 likes

Apparently you need to use the 'correct finger placement' as per...

https://youtu.be/yqUNiYpxTIY?t=184

It seems a bit of a faff to have to remove the drive pack from the frame and then the battery from that pack in order to charge it. I guess it means they can save a bit of weight by utilising the same connector for drive and charge.

Also looks a bit too easy to fumble and drop, especially after a long winter ride when hands are cold. I'd be putting something like a foam pad under the bike before attempting the extraction procedure! Especially as I think the only way to make it easier is to make the battery slippery by giving it a polish (just normal pledge/mr sheen if suitable for plastic should be good enough, silicon polish better if you've got some).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001PACYZS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_oBJTFb5KFMMG...

Glad to hear it's made riding more enjoyable. I am really tempted by an ebike.

jollygoodvelo replied to HoarseMann | 3 years ago
3 likes

HoarseMann wrote:

Glad to hear it's made riding more enjoyable. I am really tempted by an ebike.

I've never known anyone who's tried an ebike - of any age, fitness or cycling experience - that doesn't want one.  I absolutely love mine, even though it's actually slightly slower on my usual lightly rolling routes than my other bikes (on the flat it rolls at ~28kph instead of 30-32kph for a similar effort, which affects your average speed even if it's faster/easier while going uphill). 

It's just so much more pleasurable to go out, not worry about hills or getting lost, and ride around enjoying the countryside: as a marker, my average heart rate is about 15-20bpm lower on the ebike; and my average ride length is over 60km so it's not like I'm just popping to the shops.

Latest Comments