Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Front derailleur over shifting

Hi looking for some advice with an Ultegra R8000 front derailleur. It's perfectly adjusted as per manual and then all of a sudden will start hitting the outer ring on up shifts. First time it did it I assumed I had a miss shift and bent the cage slightly so reindexed as a couldn't see anything wrong. Fast forward a couple of rides and it did it again this time I assumed it had slipped so adjusted again and torqued the bolt on the hanger. It's now done it again after a couple of rides. Anyone had anything similar?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

Is it band on or braze ? Braze needs a small plate.

james.bowman | 3 years ago
2 likes

Could you elaborate on what you mean by 'hitting the outer ring'? Is it the cage that is making contact with outer chain ring directly and if so is it the outer edge of the cage contacting the inner surface of the chain ring? If so, it sounds like the derailer cage is set too low, or possibly slipping down somehow after being set to the correct height. It should have a few millimeters clearance over the outer chainring.

Latest Comments