Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Front lights compatible with a GoPro mount

Having had some really helpful responses to a question about lights for Garmin mounts, I wonder if anyone has recommendations for day front lights that fit a GoPro mount - they are REALLY difficult to find. 

Thanks in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Balthazar | 3 years ago
0 likes

If this is any use to you, here's the scenario on my (grubby) bike. A stem-bolt garmin mount with a GoPro mount underneath. A cheap GoPro-to-Moon bracket attached to that, and a small Moon light clipped to that. As written, it sounds like a lot of mounts! But it looks minimal and doesn't add up to much in either expense or weight. All the off-brand bits were bought cheaply from the usual places.

if you use a stem-bolt mount, it's important that you recognise the mount has become an integral part of the handlebar/stem interface. Any material failure could be disastrous. Don't install one if you aren't confident to risk-assess it. For my peace of mind, I replaced the unmarked bolts that came with mine, with load-rated steel bolts.

wtjs | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks to all concerned for these helpful links- I am rather ashamed to admit that I did not know about these stem bolt mounts at all. Welsh Boy: the mount on eBay is cheaper than suchlike devices on Amazon. I take it you have found this to be durable and functional?

Welsh boy replied to wtjs | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have been using mine for a couple of years, fit and forget but just to be sure I have fitted the light with slightly smaller O rings than the ones which came with the mount now I am using it to hold a £100 plus Exposure light. I also have a similar setup on another bike but it is a handlebar mounted version and I have modified it (super glue and epoxy resin) to take a different light. No hesitation in recommending it to anyone 

wtjs replied to Welsh boy | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, WB

kamoshika | 3 years ago
0 likes

I use an Exposure Sirius front light, and they make a GoPro mount for that and, I suspect, other lights in their range. Really good light too.

Welsh boy | 3 years ago
0 likes
Singe69 replied to Welsh boy | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks - does that light have a gopro fitting?

Welsh boy replied to Singe69 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have never used a GoPro but the eBay listing says it does

vincenslo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

Moon do a Gro-Pro adaptor that fit some of their lights (adaptor is around £6) Google: Moon Light Adapter for GoPro Mount. For a day light they do e.g. the Nova 80 for under a tenner.

Cat-Eye have a bracket that works with Go-Pro mounts: https://cateye.com/intl/products/parts/1604110/ (for some of their light although not all)

Garmin Varia UT800 (Expensive though).

Singe69 replied to vincenslo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Great - thank you

Latest Comments