Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro dell’Emilia

Is it just me or has this only just been added to the list? Was planning that Bretagne was next race after Lombardia but this has put a spanner in the works!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Carapaz not starting the race - wish I'd spotted that one a couple of hours ago! 

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Is he not?

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

Looks so from general trawl of Twitter (not always reliable I know)- crashed at Tour de Pologne but ok for Lombardia.... One theory I saw is that he is being switched to ride the Tour due to uncertainty surrounding Bernal, Thomas & Froome. Also Aru pulled out of this race with no explanation. 

11waterloo replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Henceforth I will be known as Nostradamus! Massive call leaving Thomas & Froome out, though the writing was on the wall at the Dauphine. Would normally expect Tour GC contenders to at least be competitive at that race given it always comes a couple of weeks before the TdF - they were anything but!  

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Must have been a really late decision. I had to do my team late last night and was a bit nervy about picking him....no indications on the web though. Gonna be no riders left this year.

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

I am a rider down then. At least it wasn't a transfer as I had him from Lombardia.

I would have added Sosa though.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

I am a rider down then. At least it wasn't a transfer as I had him from Lombardia. I would have added Sosa though.

What happened to Sosa?...I was surprised to switch on and see Dunbar at the pointy end.

tony kappler | 3 years ago
1 like

Andy, you need a medal for the work you put in. I would have been tempted to just do the world tour teams plus maybe a couple of others.

Dr Winston replied to tony kappler | 3 years ago
0 likes

seconded.

Condor Andy | 3 years ago
1 like

Phew, all done. That took far too much time.

I'll sack this race off next year.

2 likes

0 likes 

To be fair it does normally attract a stronger field when part of the Italian autumn races. As I mentioned at the start of the thread, I hadn't even spotted it was on the list, but appreciate the effort put in to get all those extra riders in. The final climb is a beautiful one - my profile picture was taken there when it was used in the opening stage of the Giro last year! 

0 likes

This one is nearly always a good race, but man, they've only just updated all the start teams and I need to do a lot of work to get the CT teams on there. None of them will probably score any points, but they need to be on there regardless. It'll be a slow process today.

0 likes

Nope, it was on there from the start.

0 likes

My bad, sorry! 

Latest Comments