Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gravel Bike Question - Lauf or Planet X?

Evening all,

I'm in the market for a gravel bike that will scratch my itch to ride during the winter, act as a commuter in the summer (30 miles there and back) through london and towpaths and be workable for a few days bikepacking in the summer. Quite the wishlist...

Obviously availability atm is the driving factor but ive narrowed it down to the following:

Lauf Anywhere Weekend Warrior - £2280 with delivery or;

(Planet X?) HOLDSWORTH MYSTIQUE SRAM FORCE 1 GRAVEL BIKE - £1799.

They are pretty similar in terms of specs but just the small difference of £500. Only thing is, i can find no reviews of the Holdsworth/Planet x, and if it looks too good to be true it usually is.

Does anyone have any experience either way and help me out from either:

Wasting £500 or buying cheap and buying twice.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

MrMoo | 3 years ago
0 likes

I got an On One Space Chicken from Planet X to use as a winter bike / occasional gravel bike with force for £1800 and it is brilliant. Definitely at the racy end of the spectrum - better as a winter bike than gravel because it is a bit twitchy for gravel - probably too steep head angle as I get some toe overlap on 700c 40mm tyres.

one thing I would say though - force is nice,  but my old bike is a rival build and you can barely notice the difference except the force levers don't get as cold in winter as plastic / fibreglass or similar vs rival metal ones. Better buying a rival build and get some upgrades with the difference - I will next time!

hope that helps!

Latest Comments